Windows 10: Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

Discus and support Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently encountered a new issue on my new Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I close my lid, it doesn't sleep, worst of all, it won't open up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eutimur_X, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Eutimur_X Win User

Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

Hi,

I've recently encountered a new issue on my new Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I close my lid, it doesn't sleep, worst of all, it won't open up either. This issue has happened twice, but every time, I was using Sketchup Pro (Software) before it and the laptop is already very hot since my project is very big. I checked "see what closing the lid does", but everything is set to sleep. Is there a possible fix to this? I hope I wont burn my laptop to death with just a silly way.

Thanks,

Ethan

:)

Eutimur_X, Apr 9, 2019

2. Laptop wont sleep when lid is closed

Hello.

So I just opened up my laptop and cleaned the fan. Then I put it back together. Now, whenever I close the lid, the screen stays on (ie: does not go to sleep mode). Everything in my settings is right. It is set to go to sleep when my lid is closed. I believe
    that somehow opening my laptop up made it unable to detect when my lid is closed. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks

ZarekShaikh, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thanks, but nothing has helped.

But i have made some interesting observations.

When my laptop is running on battery and has been off the charger for a while and i sleep by closing the lid, it usually doesn't work and the fan still runs

But when I close the lid with a bit more force it recognizes and goes into sleep state

It doesn't work when its plugged in and pressing the power button doesn't make it sleep either.

I tried hibernating using the start menu but the fan remains on and i have to hard shut down every time

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thank you for your help

Unfortunately this has not helped but I have made some interesting observations for the past 2 weeks

My laptop still has this problem in both sleeping and hibernating

It won't sleep or hibernate fully when I press the buttons in the start menu which forces me to hard shut down my laptop

But closing the lid with a small amount of force allows the laptop to sleep

And when I boot it up in safe mode closing the lid hibernates the laptop

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

1. Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much. - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep nor

2. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  3. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  4. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.: My Windows 10 Laptop does not turn off and is still fully functional, everything still working and going after I close the laptop lid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-going-to-sleep-after-closing-lid/57bbc0eb-9103-4c5e-953d-48f2393646c7
  6. computer not going to sleep on lid closing

computer not going to sleep on lid closing: Since update Feb 09/21 KB4601319, OS build 19041.804 and 19042.804, computer no longer enters sleep mode which is configured to happen when the lid closes. Gary...
  7. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid: I've recently got the motherboard of my laptop changed, and after that my laptop won't go to sleep after I close the lid. I've checked "choose what closing the lid does" option and everything is fine there. Maybe the guy who repaired the laptop messed up something in BIOS...
  8. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...
  9. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  10. My laptop continues to sleep when lid is closed.

My laptop continues to sleep when lid is closed.: I changed the options to 'Do Nothing' when I close the lid, yet it still sleeps when I do it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-continues-to-sleep-when-lid-is-closed/c52cc16f-5f88-4d6d-b3d9-5b0e6014e9a4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo g570 laptop was on sleep but when open lid it shuts off and stays dimmed

2. not going to sleep when lid is closed laptop getting hot