Windows 10: Laptop WILL NOT stop locking

Discus and support Laptop WILL NOT stop locking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Really long story short for some reason my laptop will NOT stop locking itself after a minute or two of being turned on, after fighting with it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VenomBeast6315, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Laptop WILL NOT stop locking

Really long story short for some reason my laptop will NOT stop locking itself after a minute or two of being turned on, after fighting with it for awhile and turning the settings to never sleep never lock never turn off etc. it started to stay on and work properly but now if I unplug it and take it somewhere and plug it back in it does the same thing keeps locking and locking till it eventually quits. It’s been 2 hours of fighting this thing this time and still locks itself very stressful anyway I can fix this? I even set the settings to do nothing when battery is at critical (battery won’t go higher than 12% so I know I need a new battery) but there gotta be a way to make it stop locking itself like this while plugged in. Thanks

submitted by /u/VenomBeast6315
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VenomBeast6315, Jun 7, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 7, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Laptop WILL NOT stop locking

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Laptop WILL NOT stop locking

1. Laptop WILL NOT stop locking - Similar Threads - Laptop stop locking

2. Locked laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked laptop: I used to log in to my laptop using a fingerprint. I don’t remember PIN and password. There are no reset options appeared once or twice and now it’s gone. I see no option to restore a PIN opening my Microsoft account online either. So is there other way? Like to send me a new...
  3. locked laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked laptop: My Lenovo Win 10 & Asus Win 11 laptops are visible in my account. ! tried to add my new Asus Win 11 laptop and succeeded in lockin my pc.- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-laptop/b922a1c2-1de0-4a63-95ae-ee6b9d6f8b20
  4. Laptop is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is locked: Message on screen is windows defender security center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-locked/8da1a6a7-e4ec-4f44-ba9d-2fbaa4dc34de
  5. Laptop is locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop is locked: Message on screen is windows defender security center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-locked/8da1a6a7-e4ec-4f44-ba9d-2fbaa4dc34de
  6. Laptop is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is locked.: Yesterday, there was an update for HP Victus. I told it tom tun the update which turned out to be a Bios update. It told me that the laptop needed to be plugged into powerPlugged it in, and the update completed.When the laptop restarted, I got the Bit locker screen. I...
  7. Laptop Locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Locked: I haven't worried about it much, it happened in November last year. My brother was using my laptop when a yellow screen with the words "Locking..." appeared. When I would try to turn it on around that time, it turned on but showed a black screen then turned back off. Now, if...
  8. Laptop locking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop locking: I was playing a game on my laptop then it suddenly went into locking and switched off and won't switch back on what can I do. Do I leave it for a bit and try and switch it back on...
  9. Locked laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop that won't let me log in with a pin or password. I have reset the password using a Microsoft code but the message states "can't sign in to your device. go to account.live.com" any ideas?...
  10. When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background: I have a strange problem with my Win 10 Pro and newly purchased Dell Inspiron. When the screen is locked - either manually or auto - all the calculations I have in the background go to sleep mode, i.e. the laptop goes to a semi-sleep mode, just waiting for any mouse or...