Windows 10: Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

Discus and support Laptop will not switch on after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning Windows did an automatic update configuration my Axus laptop. Since then, despite the laptop, being fully charged it will not switch on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mukunivillage, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

This morning Windows did an automatic update configuration my Axus laptop. Since then, despite the laptop, being fully charged it will not switch on.

:)

Mukunivillage, Mar 15, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop will not switch on after Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

n-ster, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

1. Laptop will not switch on after Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop switch update

2. Switching laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching laptop: Hello I going to switch my laptop and give my windows laptop to my sister. I wanted to enquire after I factory reset the laptop and remove my microsoft account as well. Will there be any problem in laptop like active your windows kinda thing? And what about the office tools...
  3. Switching laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching laptop: Hello I going to switch my laptop and give my windows laptop to my sister. I wanted to enquire after I factory reset the laptop and remove my microsoft account as well. Will there be any problem in laptop like active your windows kinda thing? And what about the office tools...
  4. My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's screen is blank after switching it off: I was working on Kali Linux installed in virtual box in my laptop which has windows 10 OS. While working, suddenly screen got black or dark blue screen. No key was working on it, so I switched off my laptop. After that the trouble begins. 1. On battery, my laptop is on...
  5. Laptop turns off after switching on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off after switching on?: I was working on my laptop (hp win 10) and went away for a moment and when I came back it was off when I turned it on I had a black screen and when I turned it off it turned off when I tried to turn it on it turned off with a clacking sound I tried to turn it on again and got...
  6. Default Switch failing after windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Default Switch failing after windows update 1809: Hi all, I am running a VM on Hyper-V on my HP Z-Book and has been running fine until I did a Win 10 upgrade to 1809. Now when my laptop boots up the Hyper-V default switch continually drops in / out with "Attempting to Authenticate" which seemingly fails, then flicks to a...
  7. Laptop keeps switching off when booting up after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop keeps switching off when booting up after recent windows update: Hi, I updated to the latest windows update and my laptop keeps shutting down by loosing all power while its booting up (when it shows the Microsoft logo) and then i have to press the power button again to start the machine and then it boots up correctly. It didn't happen...
  8. Unable to switch languages after update

Unable to switch languages after update: This is just getting ridiculous. Every time there`s a windows update, an issue happens with language selection. Default language won`t work, or an extra keyboard is added for no reason, or am forced to use one language I don`t want to that`s tied to the wrong keyboard...
  9. cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!: After updating my Windows 10 PC to the new Build 1809, I cannot switch Desktop mode to Tablet mode as I used to do. The key of a Tablet mode is disabled and unclickable. Any help is appreciated....
  10. Laptop wont update after switching off.

Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop will not switch on after windows update