Windows 10: Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

Discus and support Laptop will not switch on after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning Windows did an automatic update configuration my Axus laptop. Since then, despite the laptop, being fully charged it will not switch on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mukunivillage, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

This morning Windows did an automatic update configuration my Axus laptop. Since then, despite the laptop, being fully charged it will not switch on.

:)

Mukunivillage, Mar 15, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop will not switch on after Windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

n-ster, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not switch on after Windows update

1. Laptop will not switch on after Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop switch update

2. Unable to switch languages after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to switch languages after update: This is just getting ridiculous. Every time there`s a windows update, an issue happens with language selection. Default language won`t work, or an extra keyboard is added for no reason, or am forced to use one language I don`t want to that`s tied to the wrong keyboard...
  3. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749
  4. Switching Accounts on Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching Accounts on Laptop: When I first bought this laptop I registered the administrator account under an account I do not have anymore because it has been stolen. I wanted to try and switch, but it asked me to sign out using the password which I don't have. Please help, I have not been able to...
  5. My Laptop Keep Crashing After Switched To 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keep Crashing After Switched To 64bit: When im on Win 10 32bit, it run smoothly. But I want to get more ram so i switched to 64bit. Sometime it crash in only 10 minutes, other time takes about 30 minutes. Although i didnt do anything, it still crash. I tried to format and install win 7 or win 8 but it no used. It...
  6. cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!

cannot switch laptop to tablet mode after update!: After updating my Windows 10 PC to the new Build 1809, I cannot switch Desktop mode to Tablet mode as I used to do. The key of a Tablet mode is disabled and unclickable. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Laptop wont update after switching off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...
  8. how to switch laptop to snoozing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to switch laptop to snoozing?: how to switch laptop to snoozing mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-to-switch-laptop-to-snoozing/9a4d039a-1fb9-4c26-bfb1-1f5a36c255db
  9. Slow user switch after Anniversary Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Slow user switch after Anniversary Update: Ever since the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing very slow user changes between different accounts. Prior to the update it took 2-3 seconds. Now, when I attempt to switch between different user accounts that are logged in, I timed it at about 18 seconds. During...
  10. Black screen right after switching my laptop on

Black screen right after switching my laptop on: Hi guys I have a lenovo G570. Yesterday, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't moving and it was like that for a few minutes. Eventually I got fed up and pulled out the battery (a big mistake). Then the...