Windows 10: Laptop will not turn off

Discus and support Laptop will not turn off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hope someone can help. When I try to shut down my laptop it exits Windows 10 but the laptop does not turn off. I have tried all the normal settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimFelvus, Dec 31, 2020.

1. JimFelvus Win User

Laptop will not turn off

Hope someone can help. When I try to shut down my laptop it exits Windows 10 but the laptop does not turn off. I have tried all the normal settings but nothing has worked.

:)

JimFelvus, Dec 31, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Laptop will not turn off ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Laptop will not turn off

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will not turn off

1. Laptop will not turn off - Similar Threads - Laptop turn off

2. Laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off: My laptop started turning off like a month ago, ussualy is turns off at the begining of the work, for example when I'm starting to play something or just starting apps, when it turns off, it is just black screen and power button is light. To run it onn, I'm holding power...
  3. Laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off: My laptop started turning off like a month ago, ussualy is turns off at the begining of the work, for example when I'm starting to play something or just starting apps, when it turns off, it is just black screen and power button is light. To run it onn, I'm holding power...
  4. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  5. Laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop turns off: Hi, please I need a fix asap. I use a laptop with an external keyboard. When i type enter the laptop turns off. Please help me. Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off/d1b89739-9bf7-42e8-8f5e-d6baa4fb0588
  6. laptop turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop turning off: Hi, so my problem is that from no where, my laptops gpu and processor just started to get very hot, even when im not playing games, its 46 C, yesterday i was playing metro 2033 and i noticed that my gpu was very hot, after it just froze and started buzzing so i had to turn it...
  7. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  8. Laptop turning on and off repeatedly

Laptop turning on and off repeatedly: So after trying to reboot my laptop it started turning on and off repeatedly how do I stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turning-on-and-off-repeatedly/ccee4664-e112-48b4-84b1-d7dc59b470c4
  9. Turning off Laptop

Turning off Laptop: I hit restart and it just keeps running "Restarting" with circle. How can I get it to stop? Hitting On/Off button does not turn off laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-laptop/5c1cb7ce-dfe1-473c-a1d2-19c824c61c16
  10. Laptop turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off: I bought my laptop 2 years ago and for the past year if it is not plugged in it turns off after 10-30 mins of use. I can turn it back on but it still turns off, and sometimes i get a screen that says windows was not booted properly or something. I recently replaced the hard...