Windows 10: Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my Lenovo B570 laptop, if the laptop goes into sleep mode (usually happens overnight), it is not possible to wake it. Pressing any key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

On my Lenovo B570 laptop, if the laptop goes into sleep mode (usually happens overnight), it is not possible to wake it. Pressing any key on the keyboard does not wake it,using the touchpad also does not wake it, nor does clicking on the clickers.

The only thing that I can do is hold the power button until the laptop shuts off completely and then power it back on.

This was not a problem when it had Windows 7 on it.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

:)

Ornithophilia, Jan 25, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 25, 2020
  3. cs775 Win User
    Laptop won't wake up from sleep after windows 10 upgrade

upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Acer Aspire 7750g. Now when my laptop goes to sleep, it will not wake back up. I have to power down and restart. My laptop has all original devices and drivers. Acer does not support this model for windows 10 upgrade.
    Any suggestions before I roll back to windows 7?

cs775, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

1. Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop wake sleep

2. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I"ve been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  6. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I've been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  7. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...
  10. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep: Hi there. I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba Satellite and also has Windows 10 Home 64bit. What seems to happen is when he closes the lid on his laptop his laptop sleeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to unsleep a lenovo B570 laptop