Windows 10: Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off

Discus and support Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, I am using windows 10 pro with 64 bit, i3 -7100 CPU with 4 GB RAM configuration , the problem I am facing is when I shutdown my laptop even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vamsi_Chowdary, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off

hi,

I am using windows 10 pro with 64 bit, i3 -7100 CPU with 4 GB RAM configuration , the problem I am facing is when I shutdown my laptop even after the screen turns off the cpu is running LED will glow, Fans will run for more than 5 Min , how should I solve it

:)

Vamsi_Chowdary, Jan 4, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Kutabarie Win User
    Laptop needs to be hard shutdown many times to turn on - Black screen

I've had this problem for more than a year now, and it has only been getting worse. Whenever I turn on the laptop from a shutdown or a long sleep, the lights turn on and noises are made, but the screen never turns on. I tried pushing buttons around to see if the laptop is on but the screen is not, but that doesn't seem to be the case. At this point, I would need to press on the power button for 5 seconds to do a hard-shutdown, and I might have to do that several times before it works. Now for a brief explanation to how this problem evolved: About a year ago, I only got the occasional BSoD while using the laptop. It then restarts, and that's that. About four months ago, when I turn the laptop on, it would get to the login screen, and crashes to a black screen after 5-20 seconds, and restarts. It would work fine afterwards. Now about a month ago, my current problem started happening, which is I turn laptop on, it's a black screen, and sometimes I see the drive LED blinking. I do a hard-shutdown and turn it on again, and the same thing usually happens. On the third time, I get booted to windows recovery, I choose to just start windows, and at this point it might or might now crash and restart at the login screen.

This issue has been a real pain in the arse, and whatever I read indicates a hardware issue, specifically the discrete graphics card, but I don't know how to check that. I tried running FurMark, and it ran fine for a while, but I stopped at the 80 degrees mark. I was suspecting I had accidentally messed some hardware connections up or something because I've been religiously opening the back of the laptop and cleaning the fans with pressurized air, because lent builds up pretty fast, and I play games a lot on my laptop. I'm not sure it helps, but i'm also posting an open back picture of the laptop. I really hope someone can help me with this dilemma, or I might have to buy a new laptop soon enough.

I will be including the VM diagnostics file, but I will briefly put my system information here anyways:

Windows ver: 1903 build 18362.476
    Brand: Clevo P650RS-G
    Graphics Card: Integrated, Intel HD 530. Discrete, Nvidia GTX 1070
    RAM: 2x8 GB

Kutabarie, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off

Laptop shutdown after startup

So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off.

Any suggestions?

CameronJohnson5, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off

1. Laptop will take more time for shutdown after screen turns off - Similar Threads - Laptop more shutdown

2. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time: My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time? Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-turns-off-after-5-minute-so-how/bb7934ef-41a0-417a-9b99-d668fb255961
  3. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time: My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time? Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-turns-off-after-5-minute-so-how/bb7934ef-41a0-417a-9b99-d668fb255961
  4. My laptop screen turns off after 5 minute so how to increase screen turn off time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptops turns off automatically after some time.: Hi,I have Windows 10 on my new Asus Vivobook laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 processor.Unfortunately, the laptop turns off automatically when left idle for some time and I lose all the open work.I have already reinstalled windows, disabled fast startup in power settings, updated...
  6. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  7. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off: My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen time settings and is now stuck with it. I was unable to find a way to remove it and decided I would just deal with it by...
  8. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  9. Windows 10 shutdown takes more time

Windows 10 shutdown takes more time: Hi, When I installed windows 10 a month back, it used to shutdown/login very quicky but since from a week, the shutdown is taking more time. Monitors are getting turned off but the system is taking too long to shutdown completely. I'm not sure if this is because of the...
  10. Screen does not turn off after designated time

Screen does not turn off after designated time: This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically, the problem is this: Even though my power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 2 hours (screen saver setting...