Windows 10: laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

Discus and support laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11. I have no TPM2.0 option visible in biosMy Processor Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz whilst being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary Armitage, Jan 27, 2022.

1. laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11. I have no TPM2.0 option visible in biosMy Processor Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz whilst being above min. spec,is not currently supported either.I therefore, obviously have NO intention of attempting to upgrade to Win 11.The machine has other ideas !Auto-download has already downloaded, and attempted to/failed to install win 11, multiple times.Reading various comments elsewhere, At this point I should have been presented with the option: "Do not install windows 11" .I have not had this option, or I would have clicked on it !I do s

:)

Gary Armitage, Jan 27, 2022
  2. eggsalad Win User

Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers

I originally posted this on the AMD Forums but was told that I would get a better answer here.

Currently, every week, sometimes twice a week, AMD Software will become out of date all of a sudden due to what I believe is a background windows update, and I will end up having to reinstall the same update, despite being already up to date. This has been happening for at least a month

Another side to this problem is that running windows update will cause "Advanced Micro Devices" updates. After trying to install these updates I get this error message from trying to open Radeon Software. Following the URL, I followed all the steps to disable updates from hardware, but it does not improve my situation.

laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot. [​IMG]

I am currently under the impression that
    1. windows installs update in the background
    2. Radeon software becomes incompatible
    3. reinstalling Radeon software uninstalls micro devices update
    4. windows attempts to reinstall micro devices update
    5. repeat

I could very well be wrong though, this is just what I am noticing from me constantly reinstalling the software.

Laptop in question:
    IdeaPad Flex 5 14ALC05
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U
    Windows 10 (OS Build 19043.1151)

I was told that Windows is installing the UWP drivers supplied by the laptop maker or their WHQL drivers, and the drivers from AMD are generic drivers and may not support the specific functions/features the laptop maker may have included.

I would also like to note my main reason for installing this software is because the first time installing it, it wiped my secondary monitor's driver, making it low resolution. Radeon Software has an option to force a resolution which is why I've been using it. However, if I could somehow get the driver back I would 100% just give up on Radeon Software as that's the only purpose it served.

eggsalad, Jan 27, 2022
  3. microstof Win User
    Impossible to reinstall Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I know the very simple article you suggest.

However I already wrote that IE is no more listed in my accessories, programs, uninstall a program, etc.

I need an expert hint to force win 10 to accept reinstall a full version of IE 11 (it repeats that I already have Edge; but Edge is not IE)

Yours

microstof, Jan 27, 2022
  4. laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

Internet Explorer 11 REINSTALL

Windows features doen't list Internet Explorer 11 and I want to reinstall it on my Windows 10 Laptop.

BerniesWDS, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

1. laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot. - Similar Threads - laptop incompatible attempts

2. WIN 11 Reinstall Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Reinstall Problem: Guided by MSN Help, I downloaded the .iso and waited for the paint to dry. After ages, the "Updates" feature kicked in. Then up came HP Splash Screen, THEN a message:"Undoing changes made to your computer"After half an hour, HP Splash Screen and the cursor chasing its...
  3. WIN 11 Reinstall Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 Reinstall Problem: Guided by MSN Help, I downloaded the .iso and waited for the paint to dry. After ages, the "Updates" feature kicked in. Then up came HP Splash Screen, THEN a message:"Undoing changes made to your computer"After half an hour, HP Splash Screen and the cursor chasing its...
  4. PxHLpa64.sys Incompatable with Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PxHLpa64.sys Incompatable with Win 11: I upgraded my HP Spectre laptop from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro and everything worked perfectly except that Memory Integrity cannot be turned on due to a compatibility issue with PxHLpa64.sys. I've looked at the online solutions for removing this driver and have been...
  5. PxHLpa64.sys Incompatable with Win 11

PxHLpa64.sys Incompatable with Win 11: I upgraded my HP Spectre laptop from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro and everything worked perfectly except that Memory Integrity cannot be turned on due to a compatibility issue with PxHLpa64.sys. I've looked at the online solutions for removing this driver and have been...
  6. I have trouble with my laptop, it was reinstalled to win 11

I have trouble with my laptop, it was reinstalled to win 11: I have trouble with my laptop, it was reinstalled to win 11 it went ok no problems, shut it down overnight and restarted it the next morning and it got as far the sign in screen and that was all no password was acceptable so I can't get any further, no error massages, pls...
  7. win 10 to win 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 to win 11 reinstall: MY Laptop was win 10 but i recieved the prompt to install the free win 11 installThe laptop needs to go in to the manf for repairIf they need to reinstall os it will be back to win 10 i assumehow do i get win 11 back will i again get the prompt saying your elgible for free...
  8. win 10 to win 11 reinstall

win 10 to win 11 reinstall: MY Laptop was win 10 but i recieved the prompt to install the free win 11 installThe laptop needs to go in to the manf for repairIf they need to reinstall os it will be back to win 10 i assumehow do i get win 11 back will i again get the prompt saying your elgible for free...
  9. laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.: I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11. I have no TPM2.0 option visible in biosMy Processor Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz whilst being above min. spec,is not currently supported either.I therefore, obviously have NO intention of attempting to upgrade to Win...
  10. PC Hangs on Every Reboot Attempt, It is Impossible to Install Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Hangs on Every Reboot Attempt, It is Impossible to Install Feature Updates: Hello World,I've had this issue for almost two years now. I will try to provide as much detail that seems relevant. Please keep in mind that I have had this issue and been searching for a solution this whole time, so I've tried a lot of the simpler things like updating...