Windows 10: Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.

Discus and support Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I put my PC to sleep, I've noticed that it starts automatically after a few hoursmight be 3,4 or even after 6 hours it's very unpredictable don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chaitanya M, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.

When I put my PC to sleep, I've noticed that it starts automatically after a few hoursmight be 3,4 or even after 6 hours it's very unpredictable don't know why it happens so randomly even if the lid is closed it starts up and goes to hibernation modei guess cause when I start it using the power button I still see my work as it is. But I don't want it to go to hibernation mode because my PC takes a lot of time to start from there.

Now, I've seen solutions on the web suggesting to turn off "allow wake timers" in sleep options but I checked and saw in my power options that the "allow wake timers" is disabled at "on battery" already but it still wakes up while the laptop is not plugged in. What I'm trying to say is it happens all the time no matter on battery or while plugged in for charging.

Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically. a657c1d5-cf72-493b-95ad-9fa37636742d?upload=true.png

I've even tried doing "Restore plan defaults" but the issue still exists.

Please help me solve this issue.

:)

Chaitanya M, Jul 31, 2020

2. windows goes into hibernation and automatically starts

• After i install windows 10 creators update my Dell inspiron laptop begun to goes in to hibernation/sleep mode when plugged in. this doesn't happens when it goes from plugged in to battery.
    • Also my laptop automatically starts (even in middle of the nights) and stuck in lock screen. because of this issue when i try to use my laptop, battery is almost drowned. laptop automatically starts even its plugged in.
    Can you help me to resolve these issues.

Sulakkhana, Jul 31, 2020
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Mussels Win User

Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.

sleep or hibernate

sleep and hibernate are the same thing now.

S3 'sleep' has the entire system powered off, EXCEPT for system ram. a copy of ram is stored on the HDD when entering sleep.
    To answer the OP's question about the HDD taking wear and tear moving the laptop around - in sleep mode, it is powered off. ONLY system RAM has power in S3 sleep states.

Hibernate is when it loses power, it boots from the saved copy of ram. Often, this can load slower than a fresh boot since it has to load more from the HDD than usual.

so asking which you prefer... well, unless its a laptop you plan to store overnight or something, use sleep. its the same thing.

S3 sleep drains my laptop battery at only 2-3% an hour, so its not like its going to have a large impact on daily use.

Mussels, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically.

1. Laptop Windows 10 goes to hibernation after few hours from sleep mode automatically. - Similar Threads - Laptop goes hibernation

2. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  3. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  4. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  5. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds: hi, My Laptop goes into sleep mode after few secondsI am so annoyed.all my sleep settings are in NEVER, yet it goes into sleep mode.I restarted my laptop, it worked fine for sometime, but then its going into sleep again.Wondering if the IT team has hidden service running to...
  6. My laptop goes into sleep mode after few seconds

7. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  8. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  10. Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!: Hello friends .. i am using windows 10 since last two weeks..since installation i am facing this issue .. my pc goes into sleep mode without any reason..suppose i am working on anything ..like i am watching you tube videos or anything..suddenly my screen changes to black and...