Windows 10: Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

Discus and support Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows Key has, all of a sudden, stopped working. I use the key very frequently but now, pressing the key has no action. I tried using some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AidanAldea, May 20, 2020.

1. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

My Windows Key has, all of a sudden, stopped working.

I use the key very frequently but now, pressing the key has no action. I tried using some windows key shortcuts like WIN + R but it ended up just responding to the R key, not the windows key. I have also seen solution methods on other websites but they did not work.

:)

AidanAldea, May 20, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Laptop keys stopped working

Hi Lindax,

There are several possible reasons why your Windows 10 laptop keys stopped working. It can be because of hardware or driver issues.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For troubleshooting steps to help resolve keyboard issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Additionally, you can run Windows Defender or any 3rd party antivirus to check and delete possible malware.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, May 20, 2020
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, May 20, 2020
  4. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

down arrow key stopped working

My buddy's girlfriend was having this problem with a lappy except multiple keys weren't working. She tried troubleshooting, cleaning, canned air, checking drivers, then she called me. I asked "have you tried rebooting it?" She sheepishly said "no", rebooted, and problem solved.

Reboot is #1 on "shit to do when something isn't right" list.

DonInKansas, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

1. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Laptop Key Stopped

2. Arrow keys on laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow keys on laptop stopped working: Hello, I am using a Windows 11 Laptop and recently I spilled warm coffee it wasn't burning hot but definitely not cold onto my keyboard. Luckily I immediately followed the steps to save it by turning off the power and cleaning it and letting it dry for 24 hours. My PC is...
  3. Arrow keys on laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow keys on laptop stopped working: Hello, I am using a Windows 11 Laptop and recently I spilled warm coffee it wasn't burning hot but definitely not cold onto my keyboard. Luckily I immediately followed the steps to save it by turning off the power and cleaning it and letting it dry for 24 hours. My PC is...
  4. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  5. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  6. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Random keys stop working on laptop keyboard

Random keys stop working on laptop keyboard: Hello all I am at my wits end with an issue on my Dell XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 running Windows 10 Home 20H2. From time to time the { key/symbol stops working. Unfortunately I notice this very quickly as I do a lot of programming and the curly bracket symbol is a very common...
  8. Windows 10 key stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 key stopped working: I had notification from Windows about my activation key not working but I decided I'll ignore it hoping it will just sort it out on it's own. Well it didn't and today I was welcomed with beautiful text on my screen "Activate Windows". I bought this pc few years ago and it...
  9. Windows OEM key stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OEM key stopped working?: So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen processor off. It then said the key was expired for no reason at all? This is a prebuilt computer and the store that build...
  10. Windows key stops working frequently

Windows key stops working frequently: This has started to happen lately, like the last few weeks or last mont. What could be the cause of this? Sometimes the whole task bar at the bottom is non-responsive, and sometimes it is just the window at the bottom left (when also the windows key does not work) /Windows...