Windows 10: Laptop wiped after windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop wiped after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I restore windows to my laptop from a usb stick?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tonya582, May 30, 2019.

1. Tonya582 Win User

Laptop wiped after windows 10 update

How do I restore windows to my laptop from a usb stick?

:)

Tonya582, May 30, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10

so i have windows 8.1 on the laptop, updated from windows 8.
    if i install 10 now can i go back? will it wipe partition C:\ ?

de.das.dude, May 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop wiped after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop wiped update

2. Laptops Wiping After Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptops Wiping After Updates: There seems to be an issue where randomly when our employees have a windows update, after the update finishes, their profile seems to be deleted and recreated. Everything is synced to dropbox so there is no loss of files.There is no temporary profile. We're on a domain and...
  3. windows update that wipes my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update that wipes my laptop: I'm hating windows more every day. now it automatically "updates" my laptop, and in the course wipes off all the data and programs. then, when I try to get things back as they were, I'm not allowed any browser but the Edge, named after the musician that tried to massacre...
  4. Computer wiped after update

Computer wiped after update: Hello My computer had an update last night and so over night it updated. I turned it on this morning and it said it couldn't load my user. I restarted the computer and while I logged in fine, all of my files have been wiped. I have no documents, pictures, downloads or any...
  5. Windows 10 update wipes Office

Windows 10 update wipes Office: I was busy with Outlook on Office 2013 working on an email. I needed to use Skype. Skype had stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, downloaded a new version, and Skype started working again. I tried to return to Outlook and my email, but Outlook had 'disappeared'. I...
  6. Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wiped everything on my laptop: So I own a laptop and today, when I turned my laptop on I noticed it took rather long, a message popped up saying that it was preparing windows and when it finally worked I noticed that everything I downloaded, all my homework years of pictures and other projects were all...
  7. Desktop wiped twice after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wiped twice after Windows update: Hi, Updated Windows and my desktop was wiped, obviously a common thing for some reason. I ended up finding my files in C:/Users/(User Name)/Desktop This was good and I went on my way. But it needed to update again on shutdown so it did. Then to my surprise the next day...
  8. Windows update wiped my whole laptop

Windows update wiped my whole laptop: The latest Windows 10 update seemed to crash while in progress and wiped everything off my laptop including downloaded software (like FL studio) and every file/document. I've tried recovering things using windows.old and data recovery options (like EaseUS) but this hasn't...
  9. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  10. How to remote wipe Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 News
    How to remote wipe Windows 10 laptop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A laptop is a place where we store all the important information both personal and company related sensitive documents. If god forbid, a laptop goes missing or is stolen anytime; we cannot afford to leak out the sensitive information. During such [...] This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped out my computer

2. windows update wiped computer 2019

3. windows 10 update wiped my computer

4. windows 10 update wiped computer,
  5. windows update wiped out data,
  6. xcap wiped my computer,
  7. windows 10 computers wiped after update,
  8. latest windows update wiped my desktop,
  9. windows 10 update wiped out my desktop,
  10. why my computer automatically update and wipes out all files evernthough i turned off all options?,
  11. latest windows update wipes out data and settings,
  12. windows 10 update wiped my pc,
  13. windows 10 update wiped out my computer,
  14. computer has wiped after update,
  15. windows 10 wiped windows 7