Windows 10: Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

Discus and support Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SlowTorque, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the dock. At work I use the laptop monitor with 1 external monitor plugged into the laptop's HDMI port.After using the work configuration, when I get home and plug the laptop into the docking station, it reconfigures automatically as expected. However, every so often the screens go black for a few seconds, then come back on. It starts out happening every few seconds then stretches out to longer intervals between blackouts.What is wrong and how do I s

:)

SlowTorque, Jul 13, 2022

2. Blackout while installing windows ?

Just clean install my computer yesterday and right in the Finishing Up step after Installing features and updates step done, there is blackout and my computer turn off right in the Finishing up step and back on after 2 minutes and windows continue the installation as usual without problem, until windows successfully installed on my computer. I've been using my computer for couple of hours and nothing problem, everything just fine. But i am worried about the blackout during the installation can cause damage which will happen later because maybe some file not yet installed because blackout.

mikelferdinan, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Mala_S Win User
    virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

Windows 10 issue with multiple monitors and KVM

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the settings not configured properly, I would suggest you refer to the below link and try the steps mentioned in help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

1. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts - Similar Threads - Laptop couple different

2. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts: I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the dock. At work I use the laptop monitor with 1 external monitor plugged into the laptop's HDMI port.After using the work...
  3. Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop with a couple different multiple monitor configurations - blackouts: I have a work laptop that I have to use at home and at work. At home I have a docking station with 2 external monitors using the Display ports on the dock. At work I use the laptop monitor with 1 external monitor plugged into the laptop's HDMI port.After using the work...
  4. Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode

Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode: I just got a brand new HP ZBook Fury G7 running W10 pro. The Zbook has a monitor with 3840 x 2160 resolution and I use a second ASUS ProArt with 1920 x 1200 px.I want use two different picture so to get a perfect tiling in the two monitors. If I use the center mode I can set...
  5. Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode: I just got a brand new HP ZBook Fury G7 running W10 pro. The Zbook has a monitor with 3840 x 2160 resolution and I use a second ASUS ProArt with 1920 x 1200 px.I want use two different picture so to get a perfect tiling in the two monitors. If I use the center mode I can set...
  6. Multiple monitors with different resolution. Background with different images in tile mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple crashes on laptop with different FAILURE_BUCKET_IDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple crashes on laptop with different FAILURE_BUCKET_IDs: Multiple crashes on laptop with different FAILURE_BUCKET_IDs Lenovo T495 - AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 3500U My laptop keeps crashing, sometimes I get a dump sometimes it does not produce a dump, different Failure_bucket_ids in each dump....
  8. Multiple monitors connected to a laptop

Multiple monitors connected to a laptop: Hello,Because my work issued laptop is a 12 inch display, I want to connect 2 monitors to it. I purchased a HDMI display splitter, but the 2 monitors are displaying the same screen. I want one monitor to show what is on the laptop. My laptop only has one HDMI port and the USB...
  9. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....
  10. Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors

Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors: Hi, I can't seem to select a different wallpaper for different monitors. When I right click on an image it only shows the following: [img] Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks! 41192