Windows 10: Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tobyn08, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Tobyn08 Win User

Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

Hello.

I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way to fix it or am I looking at purchasing a new battery?

Please advise

Many thanks

Tobyn

:)

Tobyn08, Nov 15, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Laptop battery Dead ?

Iv just been using my laptop for the past half an hour On the battery when for Some reason it cut off I knew i diddn't have much battery life left but it just Cut out instantly no warning message battery Low Etc...

Anyway i still needed to use the laptop so i went and plugged it in, laptop Said it was charging was on the computer about another half an hour after that then my dad walked in so i went to unplug the laptop to show him something on the net and as soon as i unplugged it the laptop cut out.

So i plugged it back in and noticed there was no amber charging light on the laptop so i started up the laptop and it displays on the battery icon "33% plugged in but not charging" and everytime i take it out the mains the laptop cuts out.

Is my battery dead or could it be just a fault with windows do you think ?

Virus-j, Nov 15, 2019
  4. meran Win User

Laptop battery Dead ?

hmmmm remove the battery and the charger and put it back again if the battery is dead it should show red X on the battery in windows 7

meran, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop dead battery

2. Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11: Hi, after upgrading to windows 11 my laptop was fine for maybe a week. Then one day I turned it on and within about 15 seconds my battery went from 70 something% to 0% and my laptop would not run unless plugged in. If i unplugged it and tried to turn it on it would turn on...
  3. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  4. SONY VAIO SVE14125CNB BATTERY DEAD AFTER LAST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SONY VAIO SVE14125CNB BATTERY DEAD AFTER LAST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE: Hi, After the last update on Windows 10 my Sony Vaio laptop no longer recognised the battery. All was fine before the last update so it is clear that Windows 10 has caused this problem. I have tried a new battery and the problem is the same so it must be Windows 10 or a...
  5. Laptop dead after Windows Update

Laptop dead after Windows Update: Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming A15, Ryzen 7 4800H with RTX 2060. 4 months old, purchased July this year. The device was working as intended all that time. Today I allowed it to download all those Windows updates - there was a whole bunch of them, 1.27GB worth, Windows, .NET, AMD,...
  6. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...
  7. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery: The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money for it yet. but the windows keep force me to update it, I'm afraid I will unable to use my laptop at all if this keeps...
  8. Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop: I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it was at 10% so I shut it down. Apparently the shut down during the 10% and now the computer will not start back up. How am I...
  9. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update,...
  10. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now....