Windows 10: Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

Discus and support Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Guilherme Z., Nov 8, 2020.

1. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

Hi

My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO Core Worker is preventing computer from sleeping. But it's been 2 months and nothing changed, even after updating to latest versions. Funny thing is that when I unplug the laptop and use it on battery, it goes to sleep as expected. Sometimes, though, when it goes to sleep, the laptop freezes black screen when I wake it up, and I have to force reboot.

I've searched a lot of forums and nothing seems to work. The only temporary fix is restarting Windows Update through administrative tools every time USO Core Worker pops into powercf requests.

:)

Guilherme Z., Nov 8, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Markburt Win User

Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

Sleep Issues

My issues with 1903 and sleep have been that my computer will not go to sleep when plugged in to a power source. I can manually force it to go to sleep but sleep and subsequently hibernation didn't work. Tried so many suggestions from various forums.

I went to Staples where I bought the computer the tech is amazing. He had me do a quick restart of windows. That fixed the problem.

Microsoft needs to address this glitch.

- - - Updated - - -

I updated windows 10 to 1903 3 days ago. Unfortunately, after about 36 hours the search function didn't work. When you click on "type here to search," it is none responsive. The pop-up box is blank.
    Only fix was to go to see a technician who recommended resetting windows 10.
    I had to reset windows 10 to get it to work.

Markburt, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

1. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903 - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep issues

2. ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACER Laptop issues after Windows 10 Update Version 1903: I originally purchased my ACER laptop at the Microsoft store in Tysons Corner. They always provided AMAZING customer service. Shortly after I downloaded the latest update, my laptop would turn on, but only to the start up screen and then it would just continously show the...
  3. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  4. Update Issues After Installing Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Issues After Installing Version 1903: After version 1903 finished installingI put off updating for a long time, I went to see if there were more updates that I should install. I tried downloading and installing them, but that failed. [ATTACH] I then went to the Troubleshoot menu and selected the Windows Update...
  5. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error And just...
  6. Issues after installing 1903 update

Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error The pc...
  7. Laptop overheating after 1903 update

Laptop overheating after 1903 update: Hey. After my Windows 10 updated to 1903 I experience overheating in all games to the point where my laptop simply shuts down. It never happened before 1903 and I've been using this laptop for many, many years. Even when I'm watching YouTube or Twitch the temperatures are...
  8. CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CNEventWindowClass issue after update to 1903: [ATTACH] I am having the same issue with the infamous CNEventWindowClass in my notifications that started after I updated to the 1903 version, never had this issue until then. I also noticed that it was it in my registry to which I exported it out (Saved just in case) hoping...
  9. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  10. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...