Windows 10: Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

Discus and support Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Guilherme Z., Nov 8, 2020.

1. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

Hi

My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO Core Worker is preventing computer from sleeping. But it's been 2 months and nothing changed, even after updating to latest versions. Funny thing is that when I unplug the laptop and use it on battery, it goes to sleep as expected. Sometimes, though, when it goes to sleep, the laptop freezes black screen when I wake it up, and I have to force reboot.

I've searched a lot of forums and nothing seems to work. The only temporary fix is restarting Windows Update through administrative tools every time USO Core Worker pops into powercf requests.

:)

Guilherme Z., Nov 8, 2020
  2. steve108 Win User
    steve108, Nov 8, 2020
  3. CLK Group Win User
    Windows 10 2004 Update – Sleep Mode Issue and Workaround

Spoke too soon :^(

Non-responsive open apps after a break. Did not even go to sleep.

Second step I just performed was to turn off Ransomeware Protection in Malwarebytes as suggested in support article.

Will advise.

Woke from sleep after about 30 minutes - no issues.

Update 6/29/20

During the past two days I have had the system Sleep for various lengths of time. The only issue I've encountered so far was waking from an overnight Sleep after making the last change to Malwarebytes. Normally just opening my laptop or moving the mouse
    would wake the computer. This one time I had to use the power button. Has only happened that one time. This morning my laptop woke by opening up the computer. No other issues.

For me doing a Clean reinstall of Malwarebytes and then shutting off the Ransomware Protection feature has provided a good fix. I'll wait until Microsoft and Malwarebytes come out with a permanent solution.

CLK Group, Nov 8, 2020
  4. antzshrek Win User

Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

1. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004 - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep issues

2. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO...
  3. Printing issues after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing issues after updating to 2004: Hello, After the 2004 update, when I print an email, that would have printed on one page, it now prints on 4 pages with the first page looking like a title page with the sent from and subject line, the body of the email prints on the following pages, and the last page is...
  4. SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down

SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down: icrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.421] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed NONE C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0]...
  5. Network issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network issues after 2004 update: Ever since I got the windows 2004 update, my WiFi speeds have been reduced drastically. I have tried the command prompt solution, reinstalling drivers, updating drivers and resetting network. Could someone help me with this? submitted by /u/SiLenT_KnIGhT12 [link]...
  6. Storage issues after 2004 update

Storage issues after 2004 update: Update to 2004 went very well except that when I go to Settings-System-Storage and click on Temporary files it does not show which files can be removed. It just stays blank. Has anyone seen this? I checked other posts but did not see any reference to this. Thanks everyone....
  7. Storage issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage issues after 2004 update: Update to 2004 went very well except that when I go to Settings-System-Storage and click on Temporary files it does not show which files can be removed. It just stays blank. Has anyone seen this? I checked other posts but did not see any reference to this. Thanks everyone....
  8. Windows 10 2004 Update – Sleep Mode Issue and Workaround

Windows 10 2004 Update – Sleep Mode Issue and Workaround: Since I installed Windows 10 2004 Update, Windows doesn’t wake up from sleep mode correctly. I can login as expected, display and cursor are reactive until I try to open the first program/app the blue circle/wait animation lights up shortly but nothing happens. When I try...
  9. Issue after latest(2004) update

Issue after latest(2004) update: Hello guys, I installed the latest update but my pc suddenly became slower. Windows UI animations are laggy and I think that gaming performance is worse too. Is there anything I am missing? I have a good pc and Windows UI was smooth before update. CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 2600 GPU:...
  10. Bluetooth Module issues after 2004 update

Bluetooth Module issues after 2004 update: So, I've updated to 2004 and like many of you I have bugs. Here's mine pain in the... Every time I start up windows the Bluetooth module broke and is interrupted. So I don't have the Bluetooth button in the notification panel and cannot connect any Bluetooth device unless I...