Windows 10: Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor

Discus and support Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hallo, My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Due to the damaged laptop screen I was using an external monitor. Recently I changed my AV and to ensure complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by realvik, Jul 3, 2022.

1. realvik Win User

Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor

Hallo, My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Due to the damaged laptop screen I was using an external monitor. Recently I changed my AV and to ensure complete uninstall of old AV, I was advised to start in Safe mode through setting changes in system configuration module. I made the change and restarted, but without signal on the external display. As I understood from my search that in Safemode, the signal is only to the primary display and not to the external display. I have tried all the possible solutions suggested on internet1. Switching display using function key - did not work2. Disconnecting LCD

:)

realvik, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Jul 3, 2022
  3. LemP Win User
    connection problems External Monitor for laptop

If you're trying to use a wired external monitor is it connected to the laptop's HDMI output connector or the mini DisplayPort connector?

If you're using a wired external monitor and don't see any output, right-click on an empty spot on the Desktop and select Screen Resolution -> Detect

In addition, you may need to press the F7 key and select the mode in which the display will function. There are 4 modes:

• Disconnect (or Computer only): display only on the laptop's screen
    • Duplicate: the same display on the laptop's screen and the external monitor
    • Extend: extends the output so that you can drag things from one screen to the other
    • Projector only (or Second Screen Only): displays only on the external monitor

Or are you trying to use wireless (Wi-Di or Miracast)?

LemP, Jul 3, 2022
  4. kian Win User

Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

Hello,

My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of safe mode without display.
    It happened before too, i found some steps to get out of safe mode without display with keyboard only.

Also Monitor is connected to Motherboard VGA, i also tried the CMOS reset.

Any help ?

Thank you in advance.

kian, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop Win10 stuck

2. No display in external monitor on safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...
  3. No display in external monitor on safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display in external monitor on safe boot: My laptop screen is broken, so I use an external VGA monitor with the hdmi cable . . I searched on net for a solution and I found that safe booting would solve my problem. From msconfig I clicked on the safe boot option. After which I had to restart my PC. But after that I...
  4. Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor: Hallo, My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Due to the damaged laptop screen I was using an external monitor. Recently I changed my AV and to ensure complete uninstall of old AV, I was advised to start in Safe mode through setting changes in system configuration module. I made the...
  5. Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop with Win10 stuck in safe mode with no display on external monitor: Hallo, My laptop has Windows 10 OS. Due to the damaged laptop screen I was using an external monitor. Recently I changed my AV and to ensure complete uninstall of old AV, I was advised to start in Safe mode through setting changes in system configuration module. I made the...
  6. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  7. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  8. Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor

Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor: Today I went out after playing some games. When I came back and turned on my laptop that was connected to a monitor, no display came up. I have tried changing out monitors and hdmi cables, reinstalling video drivers, etc. My laptop still detects the monitor and says it is...
  9. Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor: I am so besides myself. I used my laptop with my 32inch TV as I usually do sometimes to watch movies and, I set the TV to automatically search for best display after choosing the highest resolution possible. The PC notified me that the resolution was too high or something. I...
  10. Dell Laptop stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop stuck in Safe Mode: 1 I recently got a virus on my computer which my antivirus was able to get rid of successfully but when I restarted the laptop it is now in safe mode and I can't figure out any way to get out of it. I have tried bootrec /fixboot among other inputs to no avail. This has been...