Windows 10: laptop with windows 10 1803, certain fields in browsers cannot be selected

Discus and support laptop with windows 10 1803, certain fields in browsers cannot be selected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have no idea what is causing this...A touchscreen laptop with windows 10 1803 latest. I am attempting to update to 1907 now to hopefully aleve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dcook1313, Dec 18, 2018.

1. dcook1313 Win User

laptop with windows 10 1803, certain fields in browsers cannot be selected

Hi,

I have no idea what is causing this...A touchscreen laptop with windows 10 1803 latest. I am attempting to update to 1907 now to hopefully aleve the issue.

About a week ago, about the same time as the last windows update, we started having an issue on this one laptop with some fields in internet browsers not being accessible. It will not allow you to select or enter anything in these fields. I have tried using the latest versions of firefox, chrome and edge browsers on this laptop but none of them will allow me to select the fields and enter information. Its not even every field, just some of them, and they all work fine on other laptops and pcs. It just seems to be this laptop.

When troubleshooting, I found several articles referring to the touchpad settings and oddly, there are no options on this laptop to actually see touchpad settings. I cannot find it. I have mouse but no touchpad that I can find and the laptop does use one. I dont even know if that is relevant, but I also cant find anything listed as anything with "touch" in device manager except for the touchscreen stuff.

I tried rolling back the last update, but it installs it again immediately and there is no way to turn this off. I don't seem to have any settings to delay or postpone the update.
    Does anyone have any idea where to look or what might be happening?

thank you

:)

dcook1313, Dec 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 1803 doesn't play nice with some Intel SSDs

Legit Reviews is reporting that Windows 10 1803 has issues with some Intel SSDs, specifically their 600p series: "When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly." Microsoft and/or Intel are working on a fix.

Static~Charge, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 1803 doesn't play nice with some Intel SSDs

Wintel-Lose

eidairaman1, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Firefox toolbar on certain fields is split

laptop with windows 10 1803, certain fields in browsers cannot be selected [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. laptop with windows 10 1803, certain fields in browsers cannot be selected - Similar Threads - laptop 1803 certain

2. Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields

in Cortana
    Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields: Hello I followed two methods using powershell in another popular thread which didnt work. Next i did a sfc /scannow from powershell which detected errors and said was unable to fix them. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them....
  3. Windows 10 themes - selecting certain pictures SOLVED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 themes - selecting certain pictures SOLVED: I recently went looking for a way to extract/save certain pictures from a windows theme, and came across some old threads on here where others had asked the same question, but it never was answered. I found a webpage where it explains how to do this, and i tested it and it...
  4. Windows 10 1803 default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 1803 default browser: Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution. Is it possible to set Firefox as default...
  5. Windows 10 1803 default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1803 default browser: Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution. Is it possible to set Firefox as default...
  6. Windows 10 After updating to 1803 I cannot enable audio for certain applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 After updating to 1803 I cannot enable audio for certain applications: I use several applications in Windows 10 that require use of the mic, and as of update 1803, I cannot use them any longer. I learned that there were changes that setup the Microphone privacy. Ok, I attempted to configure it. However my applications are NOT listed for me to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro (1803) problem with strange characters in password field: Hello, on a Dell Precision M2800 Notebook I have a strange problem. After a clean Windows 10 Pro (1803) installation from the MediaCreationTool USB (no lan or wan access) stick I have a problem with password fields (Login, Run As...) Sometimes I have strange characters in...
  8. Firefox toolbar on certain fields is split

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox toolbar on certain fields is split: Please notice how only the top half of names in the toolbar shows up. Mozilla forum referred me to you thinking it may be operating system because it occurs on many of the websites I visit, not just Firefoxes toolbar. Please see attached examples. 41958
  9. Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser: I have a particular Web page where I fill in various check boxes/radio buttons and then click on "Enter". diy network blog cabin 2015 sweepstakes entry | DIY Network Blog Cabin Giveaway | DIY All of the actions work except the latter. I fill in the form and clicking...
  10. Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites: Hi, I cannot reach some websites that were easily accessible to me about a couple of weeks ago and get this message from (For example..) Firefox, here's another site I discovered this morning: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at BBC -...