Windows 10: Laptop with Windows 10 dead

Discus and support Laptop with Windows 10 dead in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop running Win 10 will not turn on. When I push the Start button nothing happens except the Start button background light goes on and off 5-6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnLinn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. JohnLinn Win User

Laptop with Windows 10 dead

My laptop running Win 10 will not turn on. When I push the Start button nothing happens except the Start button background light goes on and off 5-6 times.

John

:)

JohnLinn, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop with Windows 10 dead - Similar Threads - Laptop dead

2. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro if my old laptop is dead: Old laptop died and I cant get the key off of it to activate new computer to upgrade from home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro-if-my-old/17ae4ec8-6305-4759-91f9-b43386020a77"
  3. my laptop won't boot up at all, is it confirmed dead?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop won't boot up at all, is it confirmed dead?: Recently, I was using my laptop when the screen suddenly froze into a blue screen of death with stopcode BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. After restarting the laptop, I found that it wouldn't boot up and fiddled with the recovery options(automatic repair, safe mode, system restore,...
  4. Laptop dead. How do I access my OneDrive files in my old harddrive? (Was not synced)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop dead. How do I access my OneDrive files in my old harddrive? (Was not synced): Hi Community, I have a huge problem. All of my files from the last 6 months did not sync for an unknown reason. The OneDrive app always showed green, so I did not notice and assumed everything was synced. Now my laptop got a problem; I cannot boot into Windows anymore. How...
  5. Nuvision model no. TM116W725L 2in1 tablet and laptop. Suddenly gets dead .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nuvision model no. TM116W725L 2in1 tablet and laptop. Suddenly gets dead .: I have got Nuvision model no. TM116W725L 2in1 tablet and laptop. Suddenly , It totally gets dead except the red led blinking on top left of the screen. Is there any one who can help me solve the problem....
  6. I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!: Hi, I need help to retrieve my old Windows 10 OS. I used to own a Lenovo laptop with built-in, authentic Windows 10 OS in 2014, but last night the laptop was damaged beyond repair and is now completely shut off. Now I'm planning to buy a new laptop, but I want the old...
  7. Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...: The subject says it all. Recently my Surface Pro 3 died and I was forced to buy a new computer. I decided on a Lenovo as a new Surface Pro was unfortunately above my available budget. This Lenovo has windows 10 home edition pre installed and I would like to change that to...
  8. Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop: I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it was at 10% so I shut it down. Apparently the shut down during the 10% and now the computer will not start back up. How am I...
  9. Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...: I have a quite lengthy question(see above, I don't want to type it again.). I have a Windows 8.1 that has a half-functional os( I can't do a google or bing search, basically) and a windows 10 that has a flashing caps lock button will not power on etc. My Windows 10 desktop...
  10. My Two year Asus laptop, is dead after a failed Microsoft upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Two year Asus laptop, is dead after a failed Microsoft upgrade: I asked a question about my Asu's laptop going to the Bios screen, then going dead, after the battery had died down, it started again in the Bios screen, a friend who is a systems whiz, has determined the hard drive is fried. Any compensation available from Microsoft? My...