Windows 10: Laptop with Windows 10 does not update in microsoft store

Discus and support Laptop with Windows 10 does not update in microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi I bought a new laptop last week, converted from s mode to windows 10 -but in Microsoft store updates are frozen/pending 31 of them and can't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NPat1, May 10, 2020.

1. NPat1 Win User

Laptop with Windows 10 does not update in microsoft store

Hi

I bought a new laptop last week, converted from s mode to windows 10 -but in Microsoft store updates are frozen/pending 31 of them and can't download anything. Windows updates not happening either. Very frustrating..help appreciated

!

:)

NPat1, May 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 10, 2020
  4. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop with Windows 10 does not update in microsoft store - Similar Threads - Laptop does update

2. Windows update doesn't work and neither does the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update doesn't work and neither does the microsoft store: I've been having issues for a while with windows update and the store not working but I've just kinda lived with it for a while, manually installing updates from the update catalogue but recently the photos app failed and I wasn't able to fix it due to the store not working,...
  3. Windows update doesn't work and neither does the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update doesn't work and neither does the microsoft store: I've been having issues for a while with windows update and the store not working but I've just kinda lived with it for a while, manually installing updates from the update catalogue but recently the photos app failed and I wasn't able to fix it due to the store not working,...
  4. Windows update doesn't work and neither does the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update

Why Does "Get Updates" Process for Microsoft Store not update: Recently purchased a new laptop and am trying to get updates to the existing apps on my computer from MS Store, OS: Windows 11, upgraded from Windows 10. Whenever I aim to try to update existing apps, or install new ones, I go to the library on the store associated with my...
  6. Microsoft Store does not update or download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store does not update or download apps: Hello,My Microsoft Store is buggy because I can't download or update any apps in the store. Every time I try, it just says start the download and then nothing happens, when I update it disappears. I have tried many things, even resetting the store multiple times and nothing...
  7. Microsoft Store Does Not exists in Windows 10

Microsoft Store Does Not exists in Windows 10: I am using windows 10 enterprise, but here I can not find microsoft windows store I searched for solution a lot and even trying to add it in powershell but known of the solutions worked, I am completely speechless and dont know what to do....
  8. Microsoft Store does not open/update not installed?

Microsoft Store does not open/update not installed?: Hi, after my Microsoft Store could no longer install apps, I manually closed it via "Apps & Features" in Windows. Unfortunately it doesn't start anymore for days now, it feels uninstalled. In Apps & Features it is no longer displayed, but when you press "Start" it does, but...
  9. Microsoft Store does not open on laptop

Microsoft Store does not open on laptop: My Microsoft Store and other appsopen and immediately close. I have tried repairing it, resetting my install Does anyone have any further ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-does-not-open-on-laptop/76cfb1d3-ff21-4195-b7b2-8c0beaa4b824"
  10. Microsoft Store does not work on Windows 10

Microsoft Store does not work on Windows 10: Hi, The Microsoft Store on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 14 / Windows 10 version 1607) does not work. A screen capture is included in this post. The issue started a few weeks ago, before the last few updates. I have attempted several fixes that I have found on the Internet,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code: 0x80004003 CV: 4aO4lGMqNEmNIuVw