Windows 10: Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?

Discus and support Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a slightly older laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and has the license key for it "built in". I updated it for free when Windows 10 came out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by daedag, Jun 27, 2020.

1. daedag Win User

Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?

I have a slightly older laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and has the license key for it "built in". I updated it for free when Windows 10 came out. Now I would like to format it and reinstall it because I want to sell it. The question is, can I just put Windows 10 on it now, or do I have to use Windows 8 first and then update it again?

:)

daedag, Jun 27, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 27, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    Download Windows 10

user33331, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10?

1. Laptop with Windows 8 license and Win10 update: Reinstall Win10? - Similar Threads - Laptop license Win10

2. Reinstall Win10 with Digital License only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win10 with Digital License only: Can I reinstall win10 with the digital license alone and not a usb? In essence just reinstall Win10 digitally? Kindly Frank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-win10-with-digital-license-only/cc8f5ba1-133d-4c7d-bde0-de44f3b51ae3
  3. Win10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 license: hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on the new pc? if not, how do i verify it? will i need to buy a new copy of win10?...
  4. Win10 license not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 license not working: Hi everyone, I have a PC a without a verified windows10 license and I’m not signed in to a Microsoft account. I bought one license online on G 2 A and it worked and got confirmation and everything! Then I shut down the PC and later turned it on again, and then it said it was...
  5. Trying to reinstall Win10

Trying to reinstall Win10: Hi I have a Dell desktop and recently was slowing down to a crawl. I suspected a "C" drive failure and after some diagnostic tools confirmed it was dying. I purchased a new 2 TB internal drive that I planned to replace the dying drive with but before I could clone the "C"...
  6. Reinstall a win10 that uses volume licensing activation?

Reinstall a win10 that uses volume licensing activation?: I dont suppose you can reinstall the OS, and MS just reactivates using your volume licensing server? That PC does show up in my PC list properly in my MS online account. OR will it? 167955
  7. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: Hello everyone. I have 2 laptops, the first one is for work and the second one is for everything else. Unfortunately, my "work" laptop crashed a month or more ago, didn't have time to get it back to life. Now I've tried and it appears I cannot do anything to it. The crash...
  8. Win10 reinstall

Win10 reinstall: How can I transfer my legit windows 10 from hdd to sdd? Is that possible? submitted by /u/JBP04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1fy04/win10_reinstall/
  9. Reinstalling Win10 to SSD

Reinstalling Win10 to SSD: I'm not too technical, so please bear with me. I have a newish PC that is currently running Win10 that is loaded on a HDD, with an additional HDD for added storage. I've purchased a new SSD that I've installed and will be using a USB to boot from and load Win10. This is our...
  10. Reinstall of Win10

Reinstall of Win10: I have not seen a clear answer as to what and how do you get Win10 after your computer would crash, lets say in 2 years. How do you reinstall? 8441