Windows 10: Laptop won`t sleep

Discus and support Laptop won`t sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JCDrives, Nov 14, 2018.

1. JCDrives Win User

Laptop won`t sleep

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start menu is open with the mouse cursor over the sleep button). But that is not all. When the laptop does decide to go to sleep, when I turn it back on it acts as if I turned it off and back on and closes everything I had open before it going to sleep.

I`ve already tried all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked.

To note about the laptop:

Asus ROG GL-551JW

I`ve installed a new SSD (240GB Crucial SSD) last September (old one died) and a new (directly from Microsoft) windows 10 install. The problem started about a month and a half after installing the SSD.

:)

JCDrives, Nov 14, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 14, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Xjoejoex Win User

Laptop won`t sleep

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won`t sleep [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Laptop won`t sleep

1. Laptop won`t sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop won`t sleep

2. links in emails won´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in emails won´t open: Good morning, Since a few weeks I can´t open links in emails anymore and I get presented with the following error message:How can I solve this? I work with office 365 for business as part of my company´s account and with this I can open the links no problem. But my personal...
  3. Taskbar won´t hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won´t hide: Hello, fellow Microsoft-Users,I've been a satisfied user of the platforms of Microsoft. Unfortunately something went wrong with my taskbar, cause if I moved the mouse on it, the cursor had a loading-circle, then the screen made a re-calibration-like sequence and it came back...
  4. Camera won´t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera won´t work: Hi, I can´t get my camera to record or take pictures. It doesn´t work in the camera app nor in Google Meet - the light next to the camera is on, but the screen just shows a crossed out camera.. I´ve tried restarting the camera app, and uninstalling and reinstalling it +...
  5. Applications won`t maximize

Applications won`t maximize: Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks...
  6. the time won"t stay accurate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the time won"t stay accurate: the time on my computer will not stay accurate/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-time-wont-stay-accurate/837be560-a8c3-404a-95bc-c2f233a94919
  7. minecraft launcher won`t launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    minecraft launcher won`t launch: when i launch minecraft launcer it comes up that it`s updating java runtime environment, and then it just says "Unable to update Minecraft Runtime Environment"....
  8. battery won"t charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won"t charge: Lap top has been sitting a while and not used. When get got it out and started to charge everything seemed fine. However, I was hooked up to the charging cable. When I shut down the computer and later tried to turn on, there was no charge on lap top. I'm not sure what to...
  9. Facebook won`t load properly

Facebook won`t load properly: I switched off my laptop manually as it froze, was on Facebook at the time and now Facebook will not load properly, cannot access any games or comment on any posts - HELP...
  10. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]: The situation: When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off. After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off. After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever. When I...