Windows 10: Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Discus and support Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RavenD1, Jul 23, 2021.

1. RavenD1 Win User

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store? When I click Yes it brings me back to Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I have no password so when it asks for a password it says it's wrong. Have no Idea what to do. I've tried everything to get it started.

:)

RavenD1, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Widows 10 on laptop won't accept password or pin

After an update of some sort yesterday (3/18/16) Windows 10 will no longer accept the logon password or pin which was used since original installation several months ago. A suggested web address to reset password displayed as account.live.com/password/reset
    . When this was entered in the Google address bar it appeared to be followed by several cyrillic characters so maybe the "update" was a hack. How can I get past the logon screen to get access to this laptop computer?

Earle Ipsen, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Widows 10 on laptop won't accept password or pin

Sorry but suggestions do not work. In answer to your questions:

I believe we are using a Local account set up to use a PIN when we installed Windows 10, We have a second laptop set up the same way and it works fine, asking for the PIN at login which it accepts and opens. The unit in question does not show "PIN" at login
    but instead asks for "Password" now.

After entering the password we used when setting up Windows 10 we get the error message, "That password is incorrect. Make sure your using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset"

I clicked on the eye icon and the entered password appears correctly

Have tried to logon to my wife's email account on my desktop computer but that also was unsuccessful

Unfortunately the phone number we used in setting up accounts is an older house phone that cannot receive texts and, although we have a cell phone that will it's not the number on her account.

How do I get the onscreen keyboard?

I'll be grateful for any further advice you can offer as the laptop in question everything she uses and needs each day.

Earle Ipsen, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

1. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password - Similar Threads - Laptop won't accept

2. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  3. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  4. Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password

Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  5. Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 8.1 laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  6. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  7. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  8. Laptop won't accept password

9. Laptop won't accept my password

Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  10. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4