Windows 10: Laptop won't allow me to go on certain sites when on public wifi

Discus and support Laptop won't allow me to go on certain sites when on public wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I decided to use my own laptop for school the other day and everything was working fine until I had to check my email. My laptop wouldn't allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Swirlix56, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Swirlix56 Win User

Laptop won't allow me to go on certain sites when on public wifi

I decided to use my own laptop for school the other day and everything was working fine until I had to check my email. My laptop wouldn't allow me to access it because "people could easily steal my information". I don't really care what happens or who sees my school email, I have nothing confidential in there so if anyone could help me fix this problem it would be really appreciated.

:)

Swirlix56, Apr 13, 2021

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Apr 13, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Laptop won't allow me to go on certain sites when on public wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop won't allow

2. Bypass of allowed sites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass of allowed sites: I have Microsoft Family set up to block all sites but those which are on the allow list. This appeared to be working but I have found a .htm file on my child's computer that when launched bypasses this check. The site in question happens to be discord.com. So, if you open a...
  3. Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly no access to Internet via Wifi, except for certain sites: Without me changing anything, suddenly I can just access certain sites via Wifi, for example google, youtube, wikipedia or this website. Also, it is not possible for me to use a VPN anymore (Cyberghost) which has warked perfectly fine just a few days ago too (and for some...
  4. Laptop won't go to full sleep when pluged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to full sleep when pluged in: Hello, my laptop stopped going to sleep when plugged-in. Screen shuts down, but fan is still working and when I touch a touchpad screen lights immediately and a desktop opens without asking me a password. I've tried all suggestions found online about Advanced power settings...
  5. My laptop won't let me go on any apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won't let me go on any apps: When I put in the password to my laptop, it logged on and then as soon as it did, it said that it won't properly log on to my Microsoft account. Then I tried to sign out, as it recommend, but when I logged back on, it said the same thing. That time I ignored it and tried to...
  6. Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop: We just bought a new laptop with Windows 10, I use remote desktop to connect to our Windows Server 2012 R2. I use to be able to connect and then copy a file from the server to my laptop running Windows 7. Now when I try to, all that happens is the computer beeps at me and...
  7. Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep mode when plugged in: I have exactly the same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-locking-going-to-sleep-when-charging/e0600313-6720-4ee5-82e7-07a38b4fae8d However the replies couldn't solve my problem, so I decided to ask the question...
  8. Site is not allowing me to enter the date.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is not allowing me to enter the date.: A site I use for public transportation is not allowing me to enter the date. I can do it successfully on other computers, just not mine. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hello, Currently brand new computer, came with Windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. I wanted to upgrade it to 64 bit since I have the license key for the program and I also checked several times that indeed this is a 64bit capable build. I can only find...
  10. How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to allow pop-ups for certain sites in Edge: Hi, Is there a way to allow pop-ups in Edge? Thanks and regards, 23933