Windows 10: Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

Discus and support Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I haver an Aspire V5-561p model that always crashes everytime I restart it. I started having this problem on reboot a few weeks ago and it was fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mstikes, Dec 4, 2016.

1. mstikes Win User

Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

I haver an Aspire V5-561p model that always crashes everytime I restart it. I started having this problem on reboot a few weeks ago and it was fixed with a ''restore point'' but yesterday after a restart, Windows 10 would't boot and I had to do a full System reset with files removal to get it to work. After doing that I was able to boot normally but on my first restart a few hours later I got the ''Windows ran into a problem' again.

Now it even goes into system repair as soon as I close the lid and the laptop goes to sleep. What's weird is that I never got a specific error message a part from ''Windows couldn't start'' and I don't get crashes when my laptop is on.

Any idea how to fix this ?

thanks

:)

mstikes, Dec 4, 2016

2. Upgrading WIN10 build via ISO file on DVD R

My laptop won't complete the upgrade to WIN10 build 10547. I just hangs at 99%.

Downloaded the build and burned it onto a DVD R.

If I install it by booting to the disc, will it just update the build or will it install a brand new copy of Win10 and wipe out all my laptop's data/settings, etc. ?

Thanks !

Willy Vela, Dec 4, 2016
  3. PC won't reboot after Windows 10 Installation

I have installed Win10 on my Asus Laptop and if I try to reboot I get 0xc0000098 file:\bcd error message ......

I have only the option to acces the Bios.

I did when in the Bios and deleted the boot file, saved and it started windows 10 normally, but if I try to reboot again it won't work..

I did the same thing to boot windows and downgraded back to Win8.1 and now it's OK with windows 8.1... but why Win10 refsue to boot on this machine

DeanGauthier, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

cottonball, Dec 5, 2016
  5. I hope I'm not breaking a forum rule. If I am please advise and I will correct. I'm not keen at getting an Acer id.

If I could add.... mstrikes I read the thread at Acer. While everyone seems to be telling you how to get Windows on it is not normal for Windows to have these issues, so I would be starting with your laptop. Run a memory scanner like memtest86+ and confirm the memory runs cleans. If there is a problem it will likely show up quickly but run it for at least an hour. You should have zero errors.

Assuming you have some sort of media to start windows you need to get to a command prompt and run chkdsk /r Maybe an opportunity to get an SSD for the holidays, just make sure your laptop accepts a SATA drive and you have skills to access the old drive in your device. Check youtube for disassemble instructions, sometimes you have to get right into it. (I didn't look up your system specs. You may ask on ACer thread.)

I will assume you have your data files backed up. If not and there is something you need search for a thread on how to get the data from a laptop or start a new thread.

Now you may have other laptop issues but with these two easy to check items out of the way reference the Acer thread and rebuild your laptop from a clean install. If it happens again I would start to consider other repair / replacement options. This may have you reconsidering any SSD upgrades. Hopefully one of the diagnostic routines will shed some light.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart

1. Laptop won't boot Win10 on restart - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.: I hit restart on my laptop because it was running a bit slow and it after that it didn't boot to windows. It booted into the recovery environment and the startup repair gave me a log SRTTrail.txt saying that a recently serviced boot sector was corrupt with an error code...
  3. Win10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot: Win10 is installed on a SSD and has had no problems until the other day. I have connected the SSD to my other PC and copied its contents. The SSD is C: drive and the system reserved parttion has letter F: If I try to boot from the SSD I get the error "no OS found" or...
  4. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I seem to have killed my laptop. It did a Windows 10 update I think and asked me to restart now or later. I chose later but forgot and logged off normally. Next day, it would not boot up. It gives me the makers name HP then the the spinning wheel of dots forever. What have I...
  5. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I'm using an HP Pavilion g7 with Intel i3. It was working perfectly until, all of a sudden, it won't boot. I turn it on and get my opening screen. Then: press any key to get the box where I enter my password. But it won't give me the box. It keeps reverting to the opening...
  6. Laptop won't restart

Laptop won't restart: I have a Toshiba L650D Laptop running windows 10 and I did a system restore and left the computer overnight and it didn't restart so I have turned it off and restarted the computer multiple times and but I just get a blank screen...
  7. Win10, 64bit, hp laptop won't boot

Win10, 64bit, hp laptop won't boot: I've tried to recover, reinstall, fix... All available options...i i get same response... There was a problem recovering your pc, installing, reinstalling, etc.. Command prompt, reports no errors on disk, No bad sectors Please help...
  8. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I've been having some trouble with my HP Pavilion 15, after the recent Windows update. It boots to a BSD, displays the error message 0xc0000428, and won't go any further. System Restore doesn't work, with error 0x80070780. I don't have another PC to make a bootable image, and...
  9. HP laptop won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't boot up after restart: All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas?...
  10. laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop won't restart: hy, i bought lenovo g50-30 last week. installed Windows 7 (have licence) and updated to Windows 10. everything seemed ok. after that i decided to clean install Windows 10. That's where my problems started... during install when laptop needed to reboot, it didn't, and i...