Windows 10: Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have an Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM and I can't get it to boot correctly from a new SSD with a fresh installation of Windows 10 for the life of me. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jojonut, May 4, 2021.

1. Jojonut Win User

Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10

have an Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM and I can't get it to boot correctly from a new SSD with a fresh installation of Windows 10 for the life of me. The laptop originally came with a 1TB HDD which I still have and still works but naturally, I wanted a more responsive experience and got a 250GB SSD (PNY). I know that cloning is iffy, especially when going from a larger storage device to a smaller one but I've made it work before so why not. No dice, I get a blue screen with various errors. I think okay, cloning is weird anyway, and move on to plan b which is freshly installing Windows 10 onto the SSD through the laptop. I have my media creation tool set up on a USB drive and have my SSD in and start the process. It's going fine and then the computer prompts a restart so that the computer can boot up to freshly installed windows on the SSD and continue the setup. However, once the laptop restarts and attempts to boot to the SSD, I get a blue screen with the error number 0x0000185. Sometimes it says: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. File: \\Windows\system32\config\system Error code: 0xc0000185 and other times it says something is wrong with the BCD I'm unsure of what the problem is, I know the SSD works as I tried to install windows on it through my desktop and it worked perfectly fine, booting up into windows and everything. Does anyone have any solution? Also, it seems this guy had the exact same problem as me but there was never a solution posted: Clean Install Troubles; Error code: 0x0000185

:)

Jojonut, May 4, 2021
  2. more123 Win User

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, May 5, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 5, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop won't boot with fresh installation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop: Trying to install windows 10 onto blank m.2 ssd in hp laptop. I have removed the original hdd for the install and it has been formated. The bios is the insydeh20 bios so the settings are not the same as other bios systems and does not have as much adjustability. I am getting...
  3. Fresh install of windows 10 and when restarted, it won't boot into windows.

Fresh install of windows 10 and when restarted, it won't boot into windows.: So when I installed windows through a USB from using the "Windows 10 Installation Media"https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10%20, I used the installer for my new SSD I just got for building my first computer and it worked perfectly-besides the download....
  4. Fresh windows 10 install not booting

Fresh windows 10 install not booting: Hello. I have just recently upgraded the core hardware of my computer. in so doing I prepared to have a fresh install running windows 10 as opposed to windows 7 which I had been using previously. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and made a recovery partition on my storage...
  5. Windows 10 booted as if fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 booted as if fresh install: Hello guys, this is the first time I have encountered something like this. I start my PC this morning and it boots as if it was a fresh install or as if a new user was created default everything settings, wallpaper and etc. I did not perform a fresh install recently except...
  6. Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing

Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing: Reinstalling Windows on a family member's computer, installed it enough times over the years, so didn't expect to get a problem. I've formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, after installing windows doesn't boot after restarting for the first time. It just gets...
  7. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Crashes and Won't Boot if Connected to Internet

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Crashes and Won't Boot if Connected to Internet: My computer has been offline for a while as I was waiting for a new replacement motherboard. If I connect the Ethernet during the windows install, it crashes before it's able to finish up completely. When I install with no internet, it finishes up fine and I am able to use...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA

Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA: I feel like I am running out of options here. I have an Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51 with a newly installed Crucial M.2 SATA model MX500 (CT250MX500SSD4). I removed the originally installed SATA hard drive and am only running the installation with a single stick of RAM (the...
  9. Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10

Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10: I really have gotten myself into a bind here. Yesterday, I went to install Win 10 on an old laptop that I use for just browsing the web, and the kid uses to do homework, and sometimes play Starcraft. I had Win 7 Pro 32-bit installed on it. The installation went fine but then...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...