Windows 10: Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Discus and support Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450 Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA BIOS VER F.45 BIOS VENDOR Insyde Charger works fine. Indicators show white light when turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobfrominternet, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450

Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA
    BIOS VER F.45
    BIOS VENDOR Insyde

Charger works fine.
    Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in.

Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until I plug it out.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in it does not charge.

What can be the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

When closing and opening the lid laptop is detecting the charger properly but upon re plugging it's not working again.
    The issue is that the laptop doesn't detect it's being charged while being turned on.

:)

bobfrominternet, Oct 18, 2020
  2. MikeTyson Win User

Laptop Won't Turn On / Won't Charge

Hey, basically I have this laptop which used to work fine... I think it's an Acer or ASUS, cant remember cos I haven't seen it in a while (okay I'll come clean it's girlfriends laptop so whatever!) but basically.. it won't turn on and it won't charge. She's bought a new charger for it (£50 as well) and it still doesn't charge

I tried to take the bottom off, removing all the screws blah de blah but I could only get the panel off to see the motherboard, I couldn't get the entire rear plate off which is a shame cos it would've helped quite a lot.

Anywhoooo... does anyone have suggestions as to what this might be? *Smile Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine. :)

Thanksssssssssss

MikeTyson, Oct 18, 2020
  3. MaximusE Win User
    HP Laptop charging issues

My HP DV6-1190EV laptop recently stopped charging..u have to unplug and plug the charger to work..

I did buy a new original charger from ebay..

it gives me the 7% battery warning the laptop goes on hibernate and then u have to plug and unplug the charger several times to work.. it doesn't work if u plug and unplug the charger while it gives u the warning..

note that laptop needs a format 100%

any help?

thanks

MaximusE, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

1. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't charge

2. Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging: I tried going to device manager and re installing the ACPI Drivers but no change.I even installed drivers but Lenovo site but the problem still persists.I clicked on update driver option and this is what I got The version of windows 10 is old and to update the driver, I have...
  3. Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging: I tried going to device manager and re installing the ACPI Drivers but no change.I even installed drivers but Lenovo site but the problem still persists.I clicked on update driver option and this is what I got The version of windows 10 is old and to update the driver, I have...
  4. Laptop fully charges then unplugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fully charges then unplugs: When I plug in my laptop it fully charges, and then unplugs itself.The cord is still connected, but the computer doesn't pick it up until the battery goes down a little. Then it begins charging again.I'm running windows 10. Any idea what's going on here?I've tried googling my...
  5. Laptop fully charges then unplugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fully charges then unplugs: When I plug in my laptop it fully charges, and then unplugs itself.The cord is still connected, but the computer doesn't pick it up until the battery goes down a little. Then it begins charging again.I'm running windows 10. Any idea what's going on here?I've tried googling my...
  6. Laptop fully charges then unplugs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Battery fully charged but when I unplug the charger it died

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery fully charged but when I unplug the charger it died: Recently my laptop suddenly died and thought that my laptop just died because of low battery..But when I turn on the laptop suddenly my laptop is fully charged..I tried to unplug the charger and my laptop suddenly died eventhough it say that the laptop is fully charged..I...
  8. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger: I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2 Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I thought the battery might be low, but when I connected it to charger, I surprised that the battery is 85% charged. I noticed...
  9. BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys)

BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys): Hi Guys, I have been facing this situation for the past four months ever since there was a recent updated pushed out by Microsoft. The windows 10 version 2004 has caused me so much grief since it was updated; the slow boot time, the sluggishness. But apart from that, I have...
  10. My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge

My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge: I have to go into settings and uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, then the problem is solved and I can charge my battery. I keep finding these reinstalled and having to uninstall them again to get my battery to charge. Is there...