Windows 10: laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on

Discus and support laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; last night, i plugged in my charger and noticed that it wasn't actually charging. i kept unplugging and replugging it, until suddenly my computer died... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yuni, Sep 8, 2018.

1. yuni Win User

laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on

last night, i plugged in my charger and noticed that it wasn't actually charging. i kept unplugging and replugging it, until suddenly my computer died on me despite being on 40%. there was also a small shock upon plugging it in. i waited a few minutes and tried plugging in and turning my pc on again and that was when I noticed an "odd" smell coming from my laptop. i can't exactly describe the smell, but it has kind of an electrical odor, with some burnt plastic to it. i'm not sure what it's coming from or how to fix it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

yuni, Sep 8, 2018
  2. MikeTyson Win User

Laptop Won't Turn On / Won't Charge

Hey, basically I have this laptop which used to work fine... I think it's an Acer or ASUS, cant remember cos I haven't seen it in a while (okay I'll come clean it's girlfriends laptop so whatever!) but basically.. it won't turn on and it won't charge. She's bought a new charger for it (£50 as well) and it still doesn't charge

I tried to take the bottom off, removing all the screws blah de blah but I could only get the panel off to see the motherboard, I couldn't get the entire rear plate off which is a shame cos it would've helped quite a lot.

Anywhoooo... does anyone have suggestions as to what this might be? *Smile laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on :)

Thanksssssssssss

MikeTyson, Sep 8, 2018
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Sep 8, 2018
  4. laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on

1. laptop won't charge, odd smell coming from it when turned on - Similar Threads - laptop won't charge

2. laptop overheating burning smell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop overheating burning smell: hi guys, i have heat problem with my lenovo Thinkpad T470s, it's a good laptop, performance is enough for my uses. but it gets hot a lot, it's always between 44 to 55, and it reach 66 to 70 easily when the usage of CPU around 40 to 50%, and the most problem is burning smell,...
  3. laptop overheating burning smell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop overheating burning smell: hi guys, i have heat problem with my lenovo Thinkpad T470s, it's a good laptop, performance is enough for my uses. but it gets hot a lot, it's always between 44 to 55, and it reach 66 to 70 easily when the usage of CPU around 40 to 50%, and the most problem is burning smell,...
  4. laptop overheating burning smell

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its turned on its charging only when is turned of my laptop: please help soon as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-turned-on-its/57be04bb-a998-4893-9d2b-6f5d930dffcb
  6. Login will not come up when laptop is turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login will not come up when laptop is turn on: I have an acer laptop with windows 10 pro software. After the laptop boots up, the login asking for password will not come up. Any help is appreciated, Thank You. 176839
  7. Laptop Won't Charge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Won't Charge: I've had an HP Omen laptop for a year and a half now. I recently updated to the newest windows 10 update and now it won't charge. I was able to get it to charge normally the other day, but it went back to saying "12% plugged in" and won't charge more than that. I've tried...
  8. My laptop won’t charge when turned on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop won’t charge when turned on.: It is a hp laptop with windows 10, and recently it stoped charging while the screen is on. It also seems to be charging slower than normal. Does anyone have a fix for this? submitted by /u/r-slash-hayden [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop won't sleep when charging

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't sleep when charging: Hello, I have a question about my Win 10 Pro V 1903 laptop. When this laptop is on battery and I put it to sleep, it disconnects from my wireless and goes to sleep. That is what I want. However, when it is charging, it will neither go to sleep, nor will it disconnect from...
  10. Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts: Ever since I did a fresh install of the Anniversary Update (after WU's attempt to install it ended fantastically awfulbad), I've had issues with keeping accounts logged in, in both browsers and in apps. With Chrome, I am finding that I am constantly being logged out of sites...