Windows 10: Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!

Discus and support Laptop wont charge or power on!!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Can you help? My laptop isn't powering on. No response. Not even a Stop error. I checked the cables. Anything I can do? Dont think I'll be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanWigintonOK, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!

Hi.

Can you help? My laptop isn't powering on. No response. Not even a Stop error. I checked the cables. Anything I can do? Dont think I'll be able to get a repair sorted until next weekend if that is the last resort. It stopped responding to the charger. The plug is turned on at the wall and we are using an extension cable.

:)

NathanWigintonOK, Feb 7, 2019

2. Problems laptop charging through power inverter

So i used to drive a cab with a little netbook. Had a 150w power inverter for it. It ran fine. I startes truck driving now and my laptop wouldnt charge through the inverter. I tried it on an outlet and it charged fine. I bought a 300w power inverter thinking the old one went bad, but nope. Same problem. These trucks can power a minifridge and a microwave but cant charge a little netbook? The power inverter turns on and the usb ports give power. But the laptop wont draw power from it. Anyone have any clues? Cuz i know the power inverter is more than strong enough, the laptop charger works. Im completely out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lukas Michalek, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!

1. Laptop wont charge or power on!!!! - Similar Threads - Laptop wont charge

2. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  3. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop won't charge while powered on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't charge while powered on.: Hello, I recently got a HP OMEN AX243DX handed down to me by a family member and for some reason I can only get the laptop to charge when it is shutdown. When it is powered on and I plug it in the laptop detects the charger but only says "Plugged In' for maybe 5 seconds then...
  6. Windows 10 wont charge laptop battery

Windows 10 wont charge laptop battery: The battery on my laptop won't charge at all. I have tried replugging it in and re-installing drivers but nothing seems to fix the problem. Its currently running off the charger and if I unplug it cuts out. I have left it overnight to charge and it didn't gain any battery....
  7. my laptop wont charge

my laptop wont charge: My laptop won't charge. I've plugged it in for about 30 mins and its still at zero percent. I'm terribly hurt because this is a new laptop and I haven't even used it for up to 3 months...
  8. power not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    power not charging: not charging when powered but charges when powered off or when lid is closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-not-charging/1b54ad8d-72c5-41da-8966-9ff66c163288
  9. Laptop wont power on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont power on: Just two days ago 5/30/19 my laptop was working fine. But yesterday 5/31/19 i tried to cut on my laptop. But no avail. I tried to hold the power button down for 30s and nothing. The charger works fine and nothing has heen wet or damaged. Everything from the screen to...
  10. charging laptop from power bank

in Windows 10 Support
    charging laptop from power bank: Hello, I found a lot on the go with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) And find myself without battery - and without a home socket to charge. Is there a way to charge a laptop through POWER BANK? I understand that there is a need to convert DC voltage to AC. Is there a device...