Windows 10: Laptop won't connect to 5GHz wifi network

Discus and support Laptop won't connect to 5GHz wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We've got a NETGEAR extender and my laptop connects fine to the 2.4GHz network (BTHub5-Q5S5_2GEXT) but the 5GHz won't even show up. I know it works as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by E_B_19, Jan 26, 2019.

1. E_B_19 Win User

Laptop won't connect to 5GHz wifi network

We've got a NETGEAR extender and my laptop connects fine to the 2.4GHz network (BTHub5-Q5S5_2GEXT) but the 5GHz won't even show up. I know it works as my phone is always connected to it (BTHub5-Q5S5_5GEXT) so it's not the network that's the problem. I've reset the router many times, reset my laptop but all the basic stuff won't work and I don't know what else I can do.

:)

E_B_19, Jan 26, 2019

2. My 5GHZ wifi network is no longer appearing.

I have been connected to my 5ghz wifi network for a while around two days ago it disappeared from my list of available networks but is still on my known network.

In order to fix the issue i have:

-reset my router

-uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapters drivers

I am not to knowledgeable about network issues, and i know the 5ghz wifi connection is available and works because i am using it on other devices and the connection is fine and fast.

Everclarity, Jan 26, 2019
  3. 5GHz Wifi no longer showing

Hello,

I own the Hp spectre x360 ac-002ne. Previously my laptop was able to connect to my 5GHz wifi. Suddenly the 5GHz network disappeared on the laptop, but it is sill showing on other devices. The 2.4 GHz wifi is still working on the laptop. I tried uninstalling
    the wifi drivers, reinstalling them and even doing a system restore point but neither one of them solved the issue.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Charbel Helayel, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Arily Win User

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop won't connect to 5GHz wifi network - Similar Threads - Laptop won't connect

2. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  3. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  4. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  5. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  6. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My laptop not connecting to 5GHz wifi network

My laptop not connecting to 5GHz wifi network: Since 1st day my laptop always showed every 5GHz network available & it couldn't connect to my home network but it connected easily with my phone's hotspot. Just yesterday evening for the first time my laptop got connected to my 5GHz home network so I was surprised and it was...
  8. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  9. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  10. Connecting to 5ghz Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to 5ghz Network: So, I recently gota new router and one of features of the router is the ability to have a 2.4ghz band and a 5ghz band on the same SSID. The reason that this feature was appealing to me was because I just want everything connected to a single network for using devices like...