Windows 10: Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can.

Discus and support Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I was having a few issues with Comodo Antivirus not loading properly, so my intentions were to simply reinstall it, however, I took it off, turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KenA2000, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can.

Hi, I was having a few issues with Comodo Antivirus not loading properly, so my intentions were to simply reinstall it, however, I took it off, turned on Windows Antivirus and immediately my Internet connect dropped to 'connected, no Internet'. I've since tried to disable Windows Antivirus and Firewall but it's not helped at all. I can't connect via ethernet either.

I've tried the following:

Trouble shooting -useless as ever

Ipconfig -no details, it just says 'Windows Ip Configuration' and nothing more. Netsh winsock reset -you must reset computer in order to complete the reset (which I've done, no change) Ipconfig \release -the operation failed as no adaptor is in the state permissible for this operation

I've no idea what else to do, other than factory reset my laptop, which I'm obviously reluctant to do...

submitted by /u/KenA2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KenA2000, Oct 25, 2020

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

My Nokia Lumia 520 never had any connection problems, but today it won't connect not even when I press the WPS button on the modem or type the wifi password. I get the message:

''The Wifi network didn't respond, try again later''.

Wifi is working fine on all other devices (pc, laptop, tablet and other phones) so I'm guessing it's a phone issue? Phone's wifi was working fine yesterday.

Black Panther, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can.

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

Still haven't solved this issue which cropped all out of a sudden.

My ISP router is a
    Technicolor TG589vn v3

It's precisely the same brand and model of the router we have at work and which works fine.

One fine day my phone was OK with both (identical routers). Then another fine day the phone decided to ignore my router. Or the router decided to ignore my phone. And it's remained that way since the 8th Feb when I started this thread.

I've been using this phone for over a year with no connectivity problems. Then as from the 8th Feb, it or my modem refuse to communicate. My modem still connects without any problems with my pc, daughter's laptop, my laptop, another pc, two other phones and a tablet (I even had them connected all at the same time to test).

And the phone still connects to any wifi available, just not our home wifi. Whenever I try the home wifi I get the message ''The Wifi network didn't respond, try again later''.
    Then as soon as I park the car outside work the phone starts beeping like mad with all the notifications :/

Black Panther, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can.

1. Laptop won't connect to my WiFi, although my phone can. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't connect

2. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  3. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  4. My laptop says it can’t connect to my wifi, but my phone can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says it can’t connect to my wifi, but my phone can: I’ve had my laptop for about 4 years and for the past couple months it has been saying it can’t connect to my wifi, yet my phone has no trouble connecting. i’ve tried unplugging my router and this seems to work but it only works for a few days then it’s back to saying it...
  5. My laptop says it can’t connect to my wifi, but my phone can

My laptop says it can’t connect to my wifi, but my phone can: I’ve had my laptop for about 4 years and for the past couple months it has been saying it can’t connect to my wifi, yet my phone has no trouble connecting. i’ve tried unplugging my router and this seems to work but it only works for a few days then it’s back to saying it...
  6. the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected...

the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected...: the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected through lan is working perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wifi-network-is-frequently-disconnected-in-my/6466f2ae-9744-44ce-ad5e-3743d98a1069
  7. the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected...: the wifi network is frequently disconnected in my laptop although other desktop connected through lan is working perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wifi-network-is-frequently-disconnected-in-my/6466f2ae-9744-44ce-ad5e-3743d98a1069
  8. Why won't my laptop connect to my school wifi?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my laptop connect to my school wifi?: Our school gave us school chromebooks that connect to the Wi-Fi perfectly. They told us it was ok to bring in your personal laptop and so I did. When I tried to connect to the school Wi-Fi, it wouldn't show up. I didn't get how the school chromebooks can connect to the Wi-Fi...
  9. connecting my phone to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my phone to my laptop: i cant get the notification on my phone to confirm the linkin, everything in the trouble shoot page has been checked and everything is perfect, i even factory reset my phone, logged out and in on my laptop but nothing works...
  10. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10. This morning, the WiFi stopped working in the house for a few minutes, but then eventually came back online. But since it came back online, my laptop won't connect to the WiFi. All the other devices in the house (a Samsung Galaxy,...