Windows 10: Laptop wont connect to wifi

Discus and support Laptop wont connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, whenever I shutdown my laptop and open it again for like 10 mins or so, it fails to scan for our wifi connection when a few minutes ago it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryujinxx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. ryujinxx Win User

Laptop wont connect to wifi

Hey there, whenever I shutdown my laptop and open it again for like 10 mins or so, it fails to scan for our wifi connection when a few minutes ago it connected.

I have:

* done so many network reset just to make it work.

* uninstalled my network driver then putting it back again.

* searching for driver updates.

It just keeps on goijg back to the problem and it is annoying.

Now it occured again and doing my usual troubleshoot doesnt work anymore, i cant connect to our wifi anymore. But it can scan other wifi connections, please help me.

:)

ryujinxx, Feb 25, 2019

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 25, 2019
  4. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop wont connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop wont connect

2. Pc wont connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont connect to WiFi: My pc connected to the WiFi fine yesterday but today when I woke up and tried to go on my oc it wouldn't connected. It comes up with no WiFi network found even though I have set up a network. Iv tried command prompt, iv run troubleshooting for the network adapter it comes up...
  3. Pc wont connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc wont connect to WiFi: My pc connected to the WiFi fine yesterday but today when I woke up and tried to go on my oc it wouldn't connected. It comes up with no WiFi network found even though I have set up a network. Iv tried command prompt, iv run troubleshooting for the network adapter it comes up...
  4. LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI: Hello. I've been having trouble connecting my laptop to my 5G Wifi. Before, my laptop automatically connected to my 5G Wifi but it suddenly stopped connecting, Most of the time the 5G Wifi does not appear in my available networks. When it does, it says it has trouble...
  5. LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP WINDOWS 11 WONT CONNECT TO 5G WIFI: Hello. I've been having trouble connecting my laptop to my 5G Wifi. Before, my laptop automatically connected to my 5G Wifi but it suddenly stopped connecting, Most of the time the 5G Wifi does not appear in my available networks. When it does, it says it has trouble...
  6. windows 7 wont connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 7 wont connect to wifi: hi, i have a windows 7 laptop and after updating it to windows 10 i cant connect to wifi, i also have a little dongle on the side to turn the wifi on before i installed windows 10 the wifi worked and i could turn the switch and the wifi thing would appear and say it was on,...
  7. Wifi wont automatically connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi wont automatically connect: So I have had my computer for about half a year, and that whole time, my internet would not automatically connect. I run Windows 10, and yes, i know that there is an option that should let my computer connect to the internet automatically, but that setting is not working, so...
  8. Wont let me connect to wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wont let me connect to wifi?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZJums [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwxo3a/wont_let_me_connect_to_wifi/
  9. hp laptop windows10 wont stay connected to wifi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp laptop windows10 wont stay connected to wifi network: have tried troubleshooting says cant identify ip address will connect for short time then say not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-windows10-wont-stay-connected-to-wifi/1f3a2826-2aa4-4754-8949-aeade591a858
  10. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........