Windows 10: Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error)

Discus and support Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell desktop which has the mobile hotspot function. When I first used it, my laptop could connect to it fine. I ended up changing the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JayRitHouse, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error)

I have a Dell desktop which has the mobile hotspot function. When I first used it, my laptop could connect to it fine. I ended up changing the network name a few times and also changed the password as well. I tried connecting my laptop to the mobile hotspot again at some point afterwards but I keep getting the message "can't connect to this network".

My laptop can connect to other WiFi networks fine, and other devices such as my phone and iPad can connect to the PC mobile hotspot fine. I've tried using both Ethernet or WiFi as the PCs network source for the hotspot and it still won't work. I've also reinstalled the wireless driver on my laptop as well the many of the other generic solutions I keep seeing everywhere (forgetting the network, etc).

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't get why my laptop suddenly wouldn't connect when it did previously and when other devices can connect to the mobile hotspot.

submitted by /u/JayRitHouse
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JayRitHouse, Apr 28, 2020

2. Laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Aongola,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 23, 2020
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error) [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error)

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error) [​IMG]

Thema:

Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error)

1. Laptop won't connect to Windows 10 PC mobile hotspot ("can't connect to this network" error) - Similar Threads - Laptop won't connect

2. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  3. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  4. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  6. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  7. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

8. Laptop won't connect to a specific mobile hotspot

Laptop won't connect to a specific mobile hotspot: Hello everyone , The problem I'm facing very recently is that my laptop won't connect specifically to my phone's hotspot which was working perfectly earlier. The troubleshooter says - The connection between your access point , router or cable modem and the internet is...
  9. Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone

Mobile hotspot won't connect to iPhone: I have recently updated my computer to Windows 10 and have been attempting to use the Mobile Hotspot function provided in it. I am able to create a name and password for it. Under the "Share my internet connection from" section, it says the name of my Ethernet, which is how I...
  10. Can't connect to mobile hotspot

Can't connect to mobile hotspot: How do I repair a smartphone that can't connect to a mobile hotspot on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-mobile-hotspot/319c5f42-2648-4c8b-831b-b2c22815b075

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 error message cant connect with the internet

2. why wont my computer mobile hotspot my phone