Windows 10: Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

Discus and support Laptop won't detect headphone's mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a pair of cheap little headphone with built in microphone, but no matter what i do, the computer just won't use the mic. I hear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Inudragon, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Inudragon Win User

Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

I just bought a pair of cheap little headphone with built in microphone, but no matter what i do, the computer just won't use the mic. I hear audio through the headphones just fine, but no microphone shows up in devices besides the default built-in mic. My laptop does have a headphone AND a microphone jack, but I've tried both to no avail. My laptop is using Realtek Audio Manager, and the laptop itself is a MSI one, and as far as I know, it's completely up to date.

:)

Inudragon, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Headphone Mic detection

My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it.

Rob Hudson-, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

laptop not detecting mic

hey so i have a laptop and a headset and my headset has a mic but my laptop wont detect my mic/headphone but my headphone still work

can anyone help me and tell me why my mic isnt working

my laptop is dell inspiron 3585

please help

its connected correctly

also my laptop only has 1 jack

so im using a splitter

my headset has 3 cables

2 is 3.5mm

and 1 usb for rgb lights

green one is for audio and red for mic

please help

NihalJaiswal, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

1. Laptop won't detect headphone's mic - Similar Threads - Laptop won't detect

2. Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect headphone's mic: I just bought a pair of cheap little headphone with built in microphone, but no matter what i do, the computer just won't use the mic. I hear audio through the headphones just fine, but no microphone shows up in devices besides the default built-in mic. My laptop does have a...
  3. Laptop won't detect headphone's mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won't detect headphone's mic: I just bought a pair of cheap little headphone with built in microphone, but no matter what i do, the computer just won't use the mic. I hear audio through the headphones just fine, but no microphone shows up in devices besides the default built-in mic. My laptop does have a...
  4. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

Laptop won't detect speaker and mic: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Today, my laptop stopped recognizing my speaker and mic. I had just installed update KB5016616, and now my laptop won't detect my speaker and mic. I uninstalled what I think to be the device inquest and rebooted; the driver came back, but...
  5. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect speaker and mic: I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Today, my laptop stopped recognizing my speaker and mic. I had just installed update KB5016616, and now my laptop won't detect my speaker and mic. I uninstalled what I think to be the device inquest and rebooted; the driver came back, but...
  6. Laptop won't detect speaker and mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  8. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  9. Headphones not detected but headphone mic is

Headphones not detected but headphone mic is: I've been searching for an answer for this and anything I've seen has not worked and it seems like no one has my exact issue. My headphone mic is detected in my sound input devices but my headphones are not detected at all in my output devices. I've tried a bunch of things...
  10. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...