Windows 10: Laptop won't detect my monitor until I've restarted it a couple of times and BSOD -...

Discus and support Laptop won't detect my monitor until I've restarted it a couple of times and BSOD -... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My laptop won't detect my monitor when I first boot it up. I have to restart it before it appears. Sometimes even a couple of times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HD5HJ, Feb 8, 2020.

1. /u/HD5HJ Win User

Laptop won't detect my monitor until I've restarted it a couple of times and BSOD -...

Hello everyone,

My laptop won't detect my monitor when I first boot it up. I have to restart it before it appears. Sometimes even a couple of times.

Additionally I've had the BSOD with the error code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. What failed: nvlddmkm.sys.

I've deleted the driver and even performed a clean install. And the problem still persists. I seen somewhere which mentioned renaming nvlddmkm.sys to .old, and then creating a new one, but windows then says I don't have permission to do that. Despite changing the security settings to give me full control.

Not sure what else I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/HD5HJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HD5HJ, Feb 8, 2020

2. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Feb 24, 2020
  3. 6020 won`t connect through Irda

No it doesn`t say anything. I only run the 'connection wizzard' as you might call it, in PCSuite and them the application is waiting for the connection. After some time (a couple dozen sec) a pop-up shows saying where can I get help if I have problems
    with connection (basicly some PCSuite FAQ that doesn`t say much). I`m not sure at this point if my irda adapter isn`t malfunctioning. I`ve tried to get a connection on two different computers and with two different phones and still nothing. So this will either
    be: the drivers, PCSuite or the adapter itself. I`ve bought a new one in a good store so I don`t suspect that it`s broken but that might be the cause. I just want to try the two first options before I go with the adapter to the service because if I do it I
    probably won`t see it for next 3 weeks :/ I`ve searched for some updated drivers but there aren`t any. I`ve read on some other forum that people install drivers for some other but similar model of adapter but it doesn`t work for me - Windows doesn`t want to
    install them and eventually installs some drivers of its own.

I also can`t find the information on the nokia page about which PCSuite is compatible for which cell type so if any of you happen to know the exact URI I`d be greatful.

ilozen---01, Feb 24, 2020
  4. JCDrives Win User

Laptop won't detect my monitor until I've restarted it a couple of times and BSOD -...

Laptop won`t sleep

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start
    menu is open with the mouse cursor over the sleep button). But that is not all. When the laptop does decide to go to sleep, when I turn it back on it acts as if I turned it off and back on and closes everything I had open before it going to sleep.

I`ve already tried all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked.

To note about the laptop:

Asus ROG GL-551JW

I`ve installed a new SSD (240GB Crucial SSD) last September (old one died) and a new (directly from Microsoft) windows 10 install. The problem started about a month and a half after installing the SSD.

JCDrives, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop won't detect my monitor until I've restarted it a couple of times and BSOD -... - Similar Threads - Laptop won't detect

2. My laptop is randomly restarting a couple of times a day. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is randomly restarting a couple of times a day. No BSOD.: Can someone help me? My laptop has been randomly restarting several times a day. No blue screen of death. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-randomly-restarting-a-couple-of-times/c0b0becb-ef88-421b-b8f6-41d54e398562
  3. My laptop is randomly restarting a couple of times a day. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is randomly restarting a couple of times a day. No BSOD.: Can someone help me? My laptop has been randomly restarting several times a day. No blue screen of death. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-randomly-restarting-a-couple-of-times/c0b0becb-ef88-421b-b8f6-41d54e398562
  4. BSOD a couple times a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD a couple times a week: Hi All, I'm having an issue with a computer that restarts randomly. I believe I have narrowed it down, to my best understanding. What I believe is going on is Python is running, then somehow it conflicted with the driver SISIPSNetFilter.sys , the driver in question is Symatec...
  5. Internet disconnects at random times and won't reconnect until I restart it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnects at random times and won't reconnect until I restart it: I've been having this issue lately maybe since like last year. My pc will randomly disconnect and if I try to connect it to my wifi it won't let me forcing me to restart the pc to be able to reconnect. It gives me the error message "" like in the image I attached Is it...
  6. Second monitor not detected until plugged in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not detected until plugged in and out: Hello everyone, this morning, when I turned on my PC it was suddenly in tablet mode and not in display mode anymore. Furthermore my second screen was black. When I try to detect other displays, it says, that it doens't detect any. Only when I unplug the hdmi cable and...
  7. Hey gs I need help. I've restarted my laptop a couple of times and the windows isn't working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey gs I need help. I've restarted my laptop a couple of times and the windows isn't working.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zefio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvxwga/hey_gs_i_need_help_ive_restarted_my_laptop_a/
  8. My laptop won't recognise my monitor until I've restarted it once

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop won't recognise my monitor until I've restarted it once: Hello, So I've been having a problem with my laptop for a few weeks, where if I turn it on for the first time for that day, my monitor isn't detected. I have to restart it once, or sometimes twice, for my laptop to detect my monitor. It's not the cable or the monitor...
  9. Windows won't detect my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't detect my monitor: I use my laptop connected to an external monitor. Today I got home, plugged in my laptop to find that it wouldn't detect my external monitor. I've no idea why this is happening as 2 days ago it was working fine, same cable and everything. I use a HDMI switcher but plugging...
  10. Windows 10 won't detect my second monitor AND YES I'VE UPDATED DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't detect my second monitor AND YES I'VE UPDATED DRIVERS: My second monitor works fine on my laptop but I've just bought a new AIO PC and it won't detect the screen. I've watched all the youtube vids and read the forums and updated drivers etc but still doesn't work. This is definitely a windows 10 issue. Is there a REAL!!! fix?...