Windows 10: Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone

Discus and support Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I attempt to use my brand new Neewer NW-800 With a phantom power supply on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop, Windows does not detect a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DamianGall, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone

When I attempt to use my brand new Neewer NW-800 With a phantom power supply on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop, Windows does not detect a new recording device. I plug the 3.5mm audio cable from the PSU into the jack and nothing happens. I know the product is not defective and troubleshooter isn't a help at all. The only other solution that i can think of would be to buy another $15 worth of 3.5mm to USB cables. Please Help.

:)

DamianGall, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Robloxpal Win User

Neewer-NW 800 microphone not working

Hi, so I have a bit of a problem with my microphone. I have a Neewer NW-800 Microphone, and it doesn't ever work in my computer. It always defaults to the normal computer mic, and it doesn't see that I have another mic plugged in when I try to switch my
    mic. I always select it as a mic-in on the Realtek HD audio manager. Can anyone please tell me why it doesn't work? It just never recognizes my microphone, even in Devices and Printers. My computer is an ASUS Q552UB 2 in 1 Laptop.

Robloxpal, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Dongleboo Win User
    Neewer-NW 800 microphone not working

Neewer, like all other condenser microphones, requires power to function.

Laptops usually do NOT provide power on the mic line-in.

Desktops on the other hand do.

Just either buy a phantom 48v power supply ( $25) or buy a decent external USB sound card, which should provide power to the microphone.

It requires at least 3-4v to function properly.

Dongleboo, Jul 31, 2020
  4. jjihiri Win User

Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone

External microphone not detected; Windows 10

Hey!

So, I recently bought a new microphone [Neewer NW-8000] along with a phantom power box [NW-100] for recording purposes. Problem is, my laptop can't even seem to detect it. I've done everything I've seen online from trying to configure (no luck, because the
    device wasn't there to start), uninstall and reinstall microphone software, and go into the sound settings, but nothing has worked. This is a new mic, and the reviews on it are decent (I've never seen anyone say that they can't even set it up) so please help!
    I just want this to work :"(

jjihiri, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone

1. Laptop wont detect Neewer NW-800 External Microphone - Similar Threads - Laptop wont detect

2. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  3. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  4. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working: I plugged in this microphone I got today into the USB drive and Microsoft only detects is at "USB-MIC". When I unplug the microphone that option goes away, so I know that the microphone I'm trying to use is the "USB-MIC". My computer has it as an option for an input device...
  5. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working: I plugged in this microphone I got today into the USB drive and Microsoft only detects is at "USB-MIC". When I unplug the microphone that option goes away, so I know that the microphone I'm trying to use is the "USB-MIC". My computer has it as an option for an input device...
  6. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  8. my neewer nw 800 mic is not showing up in my input settings. Please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    my neewer nw 800 mic is not showing up in my input settings. Please help!: Everthing is plugged in all the way and i tried restarting many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-neewer-nw-800-mic-is-not-showing-up-in-my-input/089fec21-fb6c-4d8b-af0d-d5c6c490c25f
  9. My Laptop wont Detect my headset Microphone

My Laptop wont Detect my headset Microphone: What should I do if my laptop won't detect my headset microphone, I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall its drivers, I have already watched several videos but somehow it still won't answer my problem. The problem is my microphone only because the audio of my headset...
  10. windows not detecting external microphone

windows not detecting external microphone: I am using a remax 195 hb headset which was working fine untill suddenly it's microphone is not detecting, I have tested the headset on other device and there its microphone is working just fine. But when connected to laptop hp 450 g4 its speaker is working just fine but...