Windows 10: Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss

Discus and support Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus K550iu laptop. This has an AMD FX9830P processir with integrated R7 GPU plus a discrete AMD RX460M GPU. Like many other posts, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColinGreen54, May 9, 2021.

1. Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss

I have an Asus K550iu laptop. This has an AMD FX9830P processir with integrated R7 GPU plus a discrete AMD RX460M GPU. Like many other posts, my laptop has stopped switching to the discrete GPU.I've removed and reinstalled my drivers, updated my bios, tried rolling back to earlier versions but still not working. I've changed my power mgt settings to high performance too.Device mgr shows the two GPUs, dxdiag picks up the both GPUs as well. Yet when playing elite dangerous I only achieve 8fps and tge integrated gpu is maxed out but no loading on the rx460.

:)

ColinGreen54, May 9, 2021
  2. ish4d0w Win User

AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

Hi,

I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics.

The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application?

This is a notebook and I don't game a lot, I want manual control over what can use the high-performance GPU.

In the past, with the old 2018 AMD graphics app, I could easily select this but now I'm lost. Please help me find this setting!
    Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss [​IMG]

ish4d0w, May 9, 2021
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, May 9, 2021
  4. Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss

Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss

1. Laptop won't detect switchable GPU when assigning graphics settingss - Similar Threads - Laptop won't detect

2. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  3. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  4. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When from BIOS switchable graphics is selected, my laptop crashes: One morning I booted my pc and it crashed saying 'threvad stuck in device driver'. After a few days I figured there was something wrong with my amd drivers. So in bios I switched this option to UMA graphics. This seemed to fix the issue, but I started using my cpu integrated...
  6. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  7. Need help with Switchable Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Switchable Graphics: Does any of you got switchable graphic problem it not working its running on intel HD I have a Dell Inspiron 15r se 7520 it has a 2gb AMD radion 7730m problem is that when playing games it only uses Intel HD 4000 not switching to AMD Any one got any solution for this...
  8. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10: My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In...
  9. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  10. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...