Windows 10: Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken

Discus and support Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Well once again a Windows update has broken Windows for me. I took what was called the April 2018 update and now I can not display my screen to my TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by oldrock, Sep 25, 2018.

1. oldrock Win User

Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken

Well once again a Windows update has broken Windows for me. I took what was called the April 2018 update and now I can not display my screen to my TV via HDMI. I try to detect a second monitor and it doesn't find it. Hope someone has seen this before. This is the only PC that has had this issue.

:)

oldrock, Sep 25, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken scu-png.png

newtekie1, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 25, 2018
  4. AsirAbrar Win User

Windows April 2018 update

My Windows 10 was working fine until the April 2018 update. After updating it to April 2018 version , my laptop keeps shutting down automatically when I on my laptop. So what can I do to fix the automatic shut down? (I really like the April update, by
    the way)

AsirAbrar, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken - Similar Threads - Laptop won't display

2. Display & Extention via. HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display & Extention via. HDMI: Hi everyone,I have just bought a second monitor. As my PC only has one HDMI port, I have bought a HDMI adapter from Amazon which has two HDMI ports and a HDMI Cable coming out from the other side. Now Windows doesn't recognise it as a second monitor and I can't change it to...
  3. Display & Extention via. HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display & Extention via. HDMI: Hi everyone,I have just bought a second monitor. As my PC only has one HDMI port, I have bought a HDMI adapter from Amazon which has two HDMI ports and a HDMI Cable coming out from the other side. Now Windows doesn't recognise it as a second monitor and I can't change it to...
  4. connecting to display via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to display via HDMI: I am using my ASUS laptop for the past 1 and 1/2 years I used to connect to my display to watch anything on a bigger screen suddenly after a windows update, I am not able to connect to my display it had been nearly 8 months I am not able to connect to my display if I try with...
  5. windows update April 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  6. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...
  7. Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't display via HDMI since April 2018 update just taken: Well once again a Windows update has broken Windows for me. I took what was called the April 2018 update and now I can not display my screen to my TV via HDMI. I try to detect a second monitor and it doesn't find it. Hope someone has seen this before. This is the only PC that...
  8. Problems with touch pad on laptop since Windows update in April 2018

Problems with touch pad on laptop since Windows update in April 2018: Hello I was hoping you could help me. I'm on Windows 10 and it was urging me to update in April. I didn't really want to, as I had heard that there were problems with the new update, so I put it off for a few weeks, but Windows was persistent, and I finally caved and...
  9. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  10. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...