Windows 10: Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen

Discus and support Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I fear my my laptop is dead for the last month or two. I've been having this problem with my laptop, where it turns and loads up, then starts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gods10rules, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen

I fear my my laptop is dead for the last month or two.

I've been having this problem with my laptop, where it turns and loads up, then starts the automatic repair screen load up screen but it never gets to the auto repair screen.

submitted by /u/gods10rules
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gods10rules, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jan 15, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen

1. Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. My laptop won't boot up and won't make it to the failed automatic repair screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won't boot up and won't make it to the failed automatic repair screen: Once I turn on my laptop it says preparing automatic repair. After that a black screen with the cursor appears. F8 ,F11,ctrl alt delete, are things I've seen and tried but nothing happens. After the black screen with the cursor stays on my screen for 5 minutes Diagnosing your...
  3. My laptop won't boot up and won't make it to the failed automatic repair screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't boot up and won't make it to the failed automatic repair screen: Once I turn on my laptop it says preparing automatic repair. After that a black screen with the cursor appears. F8 ,F11,ctrl alt delete, are things I've seen and tried but nothing happens. After the black screen with the cursor stays on my screen for 5 minutes Diagnosing your...
  4. My laptop won't boot up and won't make it to the failed automatic repair screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't boot even from disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't boot even from disk: Dear MSCS My friend never charged their laptop battery and since I have charged it, but it hasn't been able to start. I took the ram, hardrive and the CMOS out, but changed the harddrive after putting everything back. I changed the hhd with a new one, tried to boot it...
  6. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I seem to have killed my laptop. It did a Windows 10 update I think and asked me to restart now or later. I chose later but forgot and logged off normally. Next day, it would not boot up. It gives me the makers name HP then the the spinning wheel of dots forever. What have I...
  7. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I'm using an HP Pavilion g7 with Intel i3. It was working perfectly until, all of a sudden, it won't boot. I turn it on and get my opening screen. Then: press any key to get the box where I enter my password. But it won't give me the box. It keeps reverting to the opening...
  8. PC Won't Even Boot-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Won't Even Boot-up: It's the usual cry of 'latest update broke me computer' :-( Ran the update and let it switch itself off. Now, daaays later, it won't boot up. I can hear the machine trying (akin to trying to start a broken car engine), but it switches itself off and on again. I did try...
  9. laptop won't boot

laptop won't boot: my HP laptop is giving me the error: Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed Failure ID: GGAPVK-7GD9GE-XD7V6K-60XD03 What's wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-boot/7f431665-4250-4d3f-9848-006f52b58cda
  10. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I've been having some trouble with my HP Pavilion 15, after the recent Windows update. It boots to a BSD, displays the error message 0xc0000428, and won't go any further. System Restore doesn't work, with error 0x80070780. I don't have another PC to make a bootable image, and...