Windows 10: Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz

Discus and support Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear MSCS Why Won't My Devices Connect to the Hotspot in 5GHz It is the first time that I noticed the affects of what changing the Gigahertz Band... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz

Dear MSCS

Why Won't My Devices Connect to the Hotspot in 5GHz

It is the first time that I noticed the affects of what changing the Gigahertz Band did a few weeks ago from finding it.

I gladly use a phone to make a wifi connection to my other devices.

This phone is a BlackBerry Q10 which I use for a hotspot.

The phone with my contacts, details and so forth does not connect to the sim because the network adapter seems to be damaged, but I can get a wifi connection, this is my iPhone.

Knowing I am supposed to be able to connect up to 8 devices, when I am at home, I connect my iPad and this laptop to it.

Connection is good on some days than others, but when connection got bad, I found that I had two choices of Gigahertz Band Types to choose from and decided to do just that.

I changed it a few weeks ago from 2.4GHz to 5GHz and I am sure there were a connection; then last week the connection became really bad.

Then this morning I found that this laptop stopped connecting from when I turn it on.

Now, I have reset the band type to 2,4GHz and all my devices have connected, but I am in an area where the coverage is very low for being near the center of London city, the iPhone plays and collects all its data, the iPad is now playing BBC News 24 Live and I am writing here.

Though it does seem that this 2.4GHz is running better for now, is that compulsory? and should I keep it in that Band Type? and why can't the signal in Band Type 5GHz not be found?

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Jul 18, 2019

2. 5Ghz band not there

The 2230 is a 2.4Ghz only networking adapter

Intel® Wireless Solutions

Multi-Stream, Single Band 802.11b/g/n 2x2 and 2.4 GHz

Delivers up to 300 Mbps speed in the 2.4 GHz band with multiple streams for enhanced speed while improving coverage and reliability.

802.11n supports 2.4 and 5Ghz. Typically for chips that support the 5Ghz band you will see 802.11abgn or 802.11ac listed as there is no marking specifically for 5Ghz N support.

Tripp

Tripp Parks [MSFT], Jul 18, 2019
  3. Z A H A Win User
    WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM

hi greg..

already try that..

its not show band options..

i mention it already..

my wifi advanced tab only show this 3 option only..

1. D0 PACKETCOALESCING

2. NETWORK ADDRESS

3. ROAMING AGGRESSIVENESS

and its nothing problem with my ISP because my other phone and old laptop can view and connect to my router wifi 5ghz band.. i am using android phones and my old laptop running on windows 8.

only my new laptop using windows 10 now, and its cannot view the wifi 5ghz bandsignal automatically..

its only can view any wifi 5ghz band after i set the router wifi 5ghz band channel to 149..

i need its show wifi 5ghz band automatically, because i am fiber optic and broadband installer for the ISP here.. everyday i had many installation.

i cannot set all user router wifi channel to 149 because it will effect user equipment.. such as what happen with my laptop cannot view the wifi 5ghz band..

i think maybe its windos 10 or my laptop QUALCOMM ATHEROS QCA9377 WIRELESS ADAPTER problem.

because i cannot view or set wifi band in my wifi advanced tab here..

Z A H A, Jul 18, 2019
  4. kingbw Win User

Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz

5Ghz band not there

I have a HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Sleekbook and I just bought a Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Dual Band Gigabit Wifi Router. My laptop only sees the 2.5Ghz connection, it doesn't see the 5Ghz connection. Both connections have different names and 802.11n mode
    is enabled on my wireless adapter (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230).

Is there something else I need to change in my settings for the connection to be seen by my laptop? I know the 5Ghz connection is fine because my phone picks up a strong signal from it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

kingbw, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz

1. Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz - Similar Threads - Laptop Won't Find

2. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  3. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  4. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  5. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  6. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  7. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  8. Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?: Greetings, I was using 5GHz wifi no problem this morning, then after a restart my wireless adapter is only displaying 2.4GHz band. My adapter is using the most up-to-date driver, verified it is 802.11a/n/ac capable, manually set the wireless mode to 802.11a/n/ac in devmgmt,...
  9. High ping on 5Ghz Band and slower download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping on 5Ghz Band and slower download: I have a problem: I have a good Wifi Router and 100Mbps download and 10Mbps upload on all my devices ecpect my windows pc. A few weeks ago I had 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload on my 5ghz network ... but now I have 50 Mbps download and a unstable ping in games. When...
  10. 5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz: I have a problem: I have a good Wifi Router and 100Mbps download and 10Mbps upload on all my devices ecpect my windows pc. A few weeks ago I had 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload on my 5ghz network ... but now I have 50 Mbps download and a unstable ping in games. When...