Windows 10: Laptop won't go past acer screen after interrupting system restore

Discus and support Laptop won't go past acer screen after interrupting system restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello. So I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 with Windows 10 that I've owned for around 3 years. Yesterday I decided to do a system restore (delete all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Offended, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Offended Win User

Laptop won't go past acer screen after interrupting system restore

Hello. So I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 with Windows 10 that I've owned for around 3 years. Yesterday I decided to do a system restore (delete all files, settings and programs) due to some problems I was having. The system restore failed and sent me to "Safe Mode" (the blue screen with options) where I could for example choose to go back to windows or try again with the system restore. Here I did something wrong. I came to the screen where you could choose to clean your computer completely or to let it be. At that point I changed my mind and pressed the power button until it shut down. Now I can't boot my laptop, after the Acer logo it just goes black. Sometimes it alternatives between the logo and the black screen. Is there a way for me to get back in my laptop and fix this problem?

:)

Offended, Jul 29, 2016

2. windows 10 wont let me past the login screen.

Also can not log in. After putting in password, and waiting for about a minute, the screen goes to an screen saver and blinks. Can not get into system to do a restore. This Acer Aspire laptop is now a brick. Going to try reach a human at Microsoft to see
    if they can help me.

PS the update was from windows 7 to windows 10.

saugus5622, Jul 29, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Backing Up My Current Windows 10 system image and data to install on a new hard drive

That's a different story. If you're moving an image from an Acer laptop to an HP laptop you're going to run into a problem: the Acer image has the Acer's hardware and you want to restore it on HP hardware. Windows may not boot at all, and if it does boot
    you may crash due to the hardware mismatch.

To restore an image to different hardware you'll need to buy a third-party image program that can do a hardware-independent restore. This is done by substituting generic drivers which you then update after the restore with the proper drivers. That won't
    be easy because laptops incorporate proprietary hardware for which generic drivers may not work properly (or at all.)

An image is a copy of a partition. You can't restore only a portion of an image, i.e., only Windows.

BulldogXX, Jul 29, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

AT this point if a Repair cannot fix the problem, your only option is to reinstall the OS as a Clean install. Deleting stuff for no reason, is why the OS has crashed.

bro67, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Offended Win User
    How can I reinstall the OS when I can't get in to my computer?

Offended, Jul 29, 2016
  6. pcgeek11 Win User
    pcgeek11, Jul 29, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    this is just a suggestion, might help might not ,,, remove the battery ,hold down the power button for at least 40 seconds ,to drain the power from the motherboard . replace battery and try turning it on ,hopefully it will boot to a screen that can help restore windows ,

caperjack, Jul 29, 2016
  8. Offended Win User

Tried it, didn't get pass the acer screen. Also tried using windows media creater tool and booted up using my USB. After installation was done it restarted and then went back to the installation sceen. Tried it a few times, still the same.

Tried it, didn't work.

Offended, Jul 29, 2016
  9. cognus Win User
    ive seen this with acer. tried to get around it for days but no dice. at least in my case I could invoke the restore-fact-image but it would fail at the end. finally removed the drive, put another in, installed from windows 10 media I made online using Microsoft tools. loaded up all the drivers, moved all the stuff. had issues with the ms office install since I could not run an audit to capture the license key but eventually got there. long story

in bios, make sure to set the sata device to compatibility mode.

cognus, Jul 29, 2016
  10. Offended Win User
    Don't have another drive unfortunately, so don't have anything to repleace it with.

Offended, Jul 29, 2016
  11. Offended Win User
    Laptop won't go past acer screen after interrupting system restore [​IMG]

So I just got my laptop to work. No idea what I did but apparently I succeeded to do a reinstall of Windows 10. The weird thing is tho whenever booting the laptop I come to this screen. I just choose the first option since it works just fine. Is these options normal?

Offended, Jul 30, 2016
  12. I'm glad you got it working. Based on that screen shot, it looks like maybe you have multiple copies of the OS installed, or (more likely) there are some left over entries in the boot partition telling the system that these other copies exist on your disk. A full erase and reinstall (formatting the ENTIRE drive) should fix it, but you also might try clicking the text at the bottom of the screen to see if it will let you just hide/remove all but one of those. You can also change the time that it will sit on that screen. I set mine to 3(?) seconds. I feel this is enough time to make a choice, but not so long that booting is delayed to a degree that bothers me.

MrTechieTech, Jul 30, 2016
  13. Offended Win User

Thank you! I set the time to 0 seconds and I don't think those other copies will be any problem so I'll just let them be. Don't really feel like do anything major with the system after finally getting it to work.

Offended, Jul 30, 2016
  14. spunk Win User
    In the process of trying to recover, you installed several versions of Windows 10.
    To remove other versions of Windows 10 you don't need, download EasyBCD. In the program choose to View your Entries then Edit the Boot menu removing the versions of Windows you don't need.
    Of course starting over, deleting all partitions and doing a clean install is the best way to do this.

spunk, Jul 30, 2016
  15. Offended Win User
    Since the laptop now works again, I'll set it to solved. Thanks to everyone who has contributed, means a lot.

Offended, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop won't go past acer screen after interrupting system restore - Similar Threads - Laptop won't past

2. Blue Screen Error after going through system restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Error after going through system restore point: Hi! My laptop went through a blue screen error it usually does it and let me run window! However I thought by going through system restore point it stop the crashing and all that. However once I went through the system restore point I started going through the blue screen...
  3. Blue Screen Error after going through system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error after going through system restore point: Hi! My laptop went through a blue screen error it usually does it and let me run window! However I thought by going through system restore point it stop the crashing and all that. However once I went through the system restore point I started going through the blue screen...
  4. System restore interrupted with power outage-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore interrupted with power outage-: I will try my best to explain my circumstance....PC was undergoing a system restore and was restoring registry at the time power outage occurred. When electricity came back on later, PC was powered up but nothing happens other than I can hear it run, fan starts, and lights...
  5. What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore

What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore: Hello, I had a common crackling speakers issue with my brand new XPS13 2in1 2020. I temporarily fixed the issue by disabling sound enhancement in the sound options, but this solution reduced sound quality. I was hoping for a better method. Yesterday, when I installed the...
  6. Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore: Hi all I recently attempted a system restore but during the procedure the power was cut unexpectedly. Since then I have not been able to reach the desktop on the SSD I have my Windows 10 Home OS installed on. A generic blue error screen pops up after the BIOS splash...
  7. after Windows updates were interrupted my Acer AspireA315-21 wont boot past the logo screen

after Windows updates were interrupted my Acer AspireA315-21 wont boot past the logo screen: Widows 10 Home 1903 OS Build 18362.175 installed 3/21/2019 Acer Aspire A315-21 AMD A4 9120 RADEON, R3 4COM 2C+2G 2.20 GHz 8GB processor 64 bit x64 base after Windows updates were interrupted by WiFi outage my Acer AspireA315-21 wont boot past the logo...
  8. Cut and Paste Interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cut and Paste Interrupted: Disk space was required on a disk so a cut and paste process was initiated to recover disk space. The cut and paste process was at 99% complete when it got interrupted. It looks like the files where moved. The files are accessible on the destination disk and are not...
  9. Acer laptop won't start after updating

Acer laptop won't start after updating: My laptop has needed to update for a few days so i selected update and restart in the start menu, and the update seemed to go like normal, until it restarted and was stuck on a black screen with a loading circle of dots. I thought the update was still going and taking ages so...
  10. System Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. interrupted system restore now screen just goes gray and black over and over