Windows 10: Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

Discus and support Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've recently got the motherboard of my laptop changed, and after that my laptop won't go to sleep after I close the lid. I've checked "choose what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Munim Jaffer, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

I've recently got the motherboard of my laptop changed, and after that my laptop won't go to sleep after I close the lid. I've checked "choose what closing the lid does" option and everything is fine there. Maybe the guy who repaired the laptop messed up something in BIOS settings but I have no idea about anything in BIOS settings. How do I fix it? I'm currently running windows 10.

:)

Munim Jaffer, Sep 27, 2020

2. Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thank you for your help

Unfortunately this has not helped but I have made some interesting observations for the past 2 weeks

My laptop still has this problem in both sleeping and hibernating

It won't sleep or hibernate fully when I press the buttons in the start menu which forces me to hard shut down my laptop

But closing the lid with a small amount of force allows the laptop to sleep

And when I boot it up in safe mode closing the lid hibernates the laptop

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 sleeps when using external monitor and closing the laptop lid.

Hey Likitha

Thanks for your response.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you set Sleep function to activate on closing the laptop lid?
    • Did you check if the laptop goes to sleep when not connected to external monitor and lid closed?

To respond to your questions

(1) I have set the sleep function to operate on laptop lid close only when the laptop is on battery power. When it is plugged in I have set it to do not sleep ever.

(2) I have tested that it does *not* go to sleep when I the laptop is plugged in and I close the laptop lid

Further information:

(1) When I first turned the laptop on I attached it to the monitor and closed the lid. It then ran successfully for approximately an hour before hibernating.

(2) I then restarted the system, external monitor plugged in, lid closed and it went to hibernate after approximately 2 minutes.

MelbourneAl, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

1. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop won't sleep

2. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  3. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid: Hello, my notebook is going to sleep, after closing the lid, even that settings are set right - to not performe any action.After that, i can wake up notebook, but the system is very slow, impossible to play games etc. I have to restart notebook with lid closed, and then...
  4. Laptop is going to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Going To Sleep After Closing Lid.: My Windows 10 Laptop does not turn off and is still fully functional, everything still working and going after I close the laptop lid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-going-to-sleep-after-closing-lid/57bbc0eb-9103-4c5e-953d-48f2393646c7
  6. computer not going to sleep on lid closing

computer not going to sleep on lid closing: Since update Feb 09/21 KB4601319, OS build 19041.804 and 19042.804, computer no longer enters sleep mode which is configured to happen when the lid closes. Gary...
  7. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...
  8. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  9. laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings

laptop with lid closed won't change sleep settings: Hello all, We use Dell laptops at my office. Power & Sleep settings under 'Sleep' are battery - sleep in 20 minutes, plugged in - sleep Never. Most of our users have the laptops in a docking station (Dell Latitude E-series dock) or use a USB-C/Thunderbolt dock (Dell WD19TB)...
  10. Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid after changing the lcd screen.: Hi, Yesterday, I went to change my Asus laptop screen because the original was defective ( it started showing white screen sometimes with lines ). The replacement screen was taken from a random used laptop. I checked every setting in power settings and everything is set to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why isn my laptop go to sleep when i close the lid

2. laptop wont go to sleep when close lid