Windows 10: Laptop won't let me login

Discus and support Laptop won't let me login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jia Xiang, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Jia Xiang Win User

Laptop won't let me login

When I restarted my laptop and typed in my password, it said that the password was incorrect. But I know it was right. That time I couldn't connect the internet too. I need help logging in to my laptop. Please help me find a way to login.

:)

Jia Xiang, Dec 27, 2015

2. My laptop won't let me login to safemode

Hi Vicki,

This issue might occur due to corrupted system files running in your computer. If you are stuck at the welcome screen and you can't start your computer in safe mode, we recommend performing an automatic repair by accessing the Windows recovery screen to
    fix the problem. To access the Windows recovery screen, follow the methods below:

Method 1: Press the power button three times.

If it didn't work, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Download the media creation tool on a different computer using a USB flash drive. Click this
    link on where to download the media creation tool. After downloading the tool, plug in the USB flash drive on the affected computer to
    access the Windows recovery screen.

Once you've accessed the Windows recovery screen, follow these steps on how to perform an automatic repair:

• Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced options.
    • Click Automatic Repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 27, 2015
  3. My laptop won't let me login to safemode

I performed a system restore, using a restore point from December 23rd. Which was successful.

I tried a system restore before that failed. I had 3 restore points available to me, so I chose the most recent one, and that failed. That was actually the first thing I tried, before some of the other steps I found on the microsoft website.

After some of the other troubleshooting failed, I went back and looked at the other 2 restore points. I chose the oldest one. I installed malware bytes after Christmas - the restore point on 12/23 would remove malware bytes and some other minor things, like
    itunes.

The system restore was successful, I rebooted. But, I did have trouble with Chrome and Firefox. I had to uninstall and reinstall both programs. itunes also updated itself. then it took a few hours to update windows, which initially failed because it found
    an old directory - a DVD-RAM folder for a WINXP program not even in use. Once I deleted the directory, the Windows update resumed overnight.

After reading some headline in the news today, I thought I was one of the unfortunate people who got caught up on the Meltdown and Spectre patch problems this week. Although my laptop still booted... I can't rule it out.

All is well, at this very moment anyway Laptop won't let me login :)

VickiJaskula Roberts, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Annan21 Win User

Could your Caps lock key be on or number pad off?

Annan21, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Laptop won't let me login - Similar Threads - Laptop won't let

2. Laptop won't let me boot into login screen randomly after a restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't let me boot into login screen randomly after a restart?: Hey, so i ran into an issue with my laptop today and i'm kind of panicking because i cannot afford a new computer for quite some time and there are some really personally important files and photos in there, of which only a few have been backed up. I closed my device as i...
  3. Laptop won't let me boot into login screen randomly after a restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't let me boot into login screen randomly after a restart?: Hey, so i ran into an issue with my laptop today and i'm kind of panicking because i cannot afford a new computer for quite some time and there are some really personally important files and photos in there, of which only a few have been backed up. I closed my device as i...
  4. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  6. Windows Start-up Won't Let Me Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start-up Won't Let Me Login: My original account for my hp laptop is very old and I cannot login to it anymore and the recovery number doesn't exist anymore. I filled out a recovery form, but it said it didn't have enough information. I made a new account, but it wont let me log in to that either. It...
  7. Windows Start-up Won't Let Me Login

Windows Start-up Won't Let Me Login: My original account for my hp laptop is very old and I cannot login to it anymore and the recovery number doesn't exist anymore. I filled out a recovery form, but it said it didn't have enough information. I made a new account, but it wont let me log in to that either. It...
  8. Windows Start-up Won't Let Me Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My laptop won’t let me login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won’t let me login: My laptop won’t let me login with my password and it said that something went wrong and my pin won’t work. I have tried to reboot into safe mode with networking but it still tells me the password is incorrect. Please help as I have no idea upon what to do...
  10. Microsoft store won't let me login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't let me login: I've been having this issue for about a day, i open microsoft store, click the login button and all it says is "now we'll sign you in" with a "continue" button in the bottom right corner of the pop up window. When i press the continue button nothing happens. i've tried a...