Windows 10: Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update

Discus and support Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update Friday and restarted but no program will open now and I have to hold the on key to restart it. I get about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mgreer, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mgreer Win User

Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update

My laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update Friday and restarted but no program will open now and I have to hold the on key to restart it. I get about 15-30 second after it comes up to click on something and it might open but will stop responding shortly after. I have got task manger to open once and only AVG was running but it frozen before I could click on anything.

I started in safe mode and removed the last window updates only to had them reinstall when it restarted.

What at can I do? Is this a virus or malware or did the latest update do this?
    Thanks.

:)

Mgreer, Oct 25, 2015
  2. RitaNovak Win User

Latest version of Chrome just will not work!

My laptop (windows 10 updated) will install the latest version of Chrome, but the program won't open - My desktop (window 10 updated) will install the latest version of Chrome, but immediately freezes when it's opened! Any help out there besides changing
    browsers?

RitaNovak, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Latest update

After latest update of windows my laptop won't start. Any ideas ?

VeckaStoilova, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update

You have to remove the last update.

It was a bad one and has been pulled back by MS.

It was KB3105208 which is the culprit.

If you have a restore point before the update was installed, then restore it to that point.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 25, 2015
  5. That's a Windows 10 Insider Preview (build 10565) update only, so if he's not on the preview that's not the culprit; he didn't say whether or not he's on the preview, so...

If a restore point doesn't work, a repair install with an in-place upgrade may be in order.

fracking4oil, Oct 25, 2015
  6. Mgreer Win User
    I have owned and used this laptop for more than a year why would I have no restore points?

Mgreer, Oct 25, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    I'd check AVG compatibility for starters.
    AVG compatibility with Windows 10 | AVG

Be aware that win 10 setup turns restore off so you do need to check this and set it back on if you want it.

8. Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update

Didn't say that you wouldn't, said "if a restore point doesn't work".

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update

1. Laptop won't open any programs just after the latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop won't open

2. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  3. Win 11 after update no opening any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 after update no opening any program: Hii I made today the win 11 update. After the update the pc booted up but I can not open any programs except for file explorer! I can also not open any settings neither the terminal. I tried to go over the installer into the terminal. And I did the sfc scannow command. It...
  4. Laptop not launching any program after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not launching any program after update: Hello Today, suddenly my laptop did not launch any programm after a windows update. The only thing that can launch is the file explorer.Even the taskbar icons cannot be launched or the shut down option.Can someone help in this matter ?Spiros...
  5. Laptop not launching any program after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not launching any program after update: Hello Today, suddenly my laptop did not launch any programm after a windows update. The only thing that can launch is the file explorer.Even the taskbar icons cannot be launched or the shut down option.Can someone help in this matter ?Spiros...
  6. Laptop not launching any program after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  8. can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not open any programs after latest windows 2004 update: Hi after the new windows 2004 update I can not open any programs. I get the error can not find for eg. C:/PROGRAMM FILEX86/STEAM/STEAM.EXE make sure the name is correct error Please assist...
  9. Adobe or office won't open after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adobe or office won't open after latest windows update: I just simply can open Adobe reader or office 2019. It says: make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. It says Windows can't find the path. Don't matter what I do, I scanned for viruses, I cleaned broken registries, updated windows, I uninstalled Adobe and...
  10. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...