Windows 10: Laptop wont power on

Discus and support Laptop wont power on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just two days ago 5/30/19 my laptop was working fine. But yesterday 5/31/19 i tried to cut on my laptop. But no avail. I tried to hold the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CleoW., Jun 1, 2019.

1. CleoW. Win User

Laptop wont power on

Just two days ago 5/30/19 my laptop was working fine. But yesterday 5/31/19 i tried to cut on my laptop. But no avail. I tried to hold the power button down for 30s and nothing. The charger works fine and nothing has heen wet or damaged. Everything from the screen to components is fine and NOT damaged. When i put in my laptop charger the little light comes on but my computer wont start up. Its silent. No fans whirling or anything. I thought it was because my house was super hot (90° Heat) so i made it cool. And left my laptop alone for the day. I unplugged the charger(also thinking having it plugged in for too long was also the reason. I did plug it back in eventually after i was sure it probably died. Now its 6/1/19 and at 10:45pm my laptop still dont work or cut on. In my current state i cant afford taking it to a repair shop. Since all(not some but ALL) cellphone/laptop or computer repair shops charge $200 just to look at or repair a electronic. And i am a Student with a job that dont pays much and no family or friends that will help me. My laptop is not that old. Had it for 2 years and only used it for school and personal things. I won this laptop in a contest 2yrs ago and its either a windows 8 or 10. Please i need help.

:)

CleoW., Jun 1, 2019
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jun 1, 2019
  3. jakeND Win User
    my laptop wont power on

hello! my acer laptop will not power on and wont go nowhere can someone help me?

jakeND, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Laptop wont power on

Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Laptop wont power on

1. Laptop wont power on - Similar Threads - Laptop wont power

2. My laptop wont power on, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont power on, how do i fix this?: So I'm trying to turn on my laptop, and the power light will come on, but not the SD light. It will be like that and a black screen for about 3 seconds before the fans turn off and the light does as well. I've tried so much to fix this but nothing has worked and I don't know...
  3. My laptop wont power on, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wont power on, how do i fix this?: So I'm trying to turn on my laptop, and the power light will come on, but not the SD light. It will be like that and a black screen for about 3 seconds before the fans turn off and the light does as well. I've tried so much to fix this but nothing has worked and I don't know...
  4. Laptop not powering on

Laptop not powering on: Once I lowered my vram but I thought it would make any problem so I put it to automatic and I think it was overclocked now my pc is not powering on and showing blue screen with critical service failed message what should I do...
  5. Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.: Had the computer for a year. Than after the warranty expired, the computer wouldn't turn on. Upon pressing the power button, I get no display, from the screen or hdmi output. But, power indicator and charger indicator light flashes for 8 seconds and turns off, repeatedly....
  6. Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.

Hp laptop wont turn on, long flashing power light.: Had the computer for a year. Than after the warranty expired, the computer wouldn't turn on. Upon pressing the power button, I get no display, from the screen or hdmi output. But, power indicator and charger indicator light flashes for 8 seconds and turns off, repeatedly....
  7. Laptop dead - wont turn on but power is okay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dead - wont turn on but power is okay: Hi there I have a HP MINI which doesnt turn on. When I connect it to the power or I insert the battere the power light goes on but as soon as I press the power button, the light goes off and nothing happens no sound and nothing on the screen. I believe it gas...
  8. Power on laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power on laptop: Hi there. Im wondering If there os anyway to power on my laptop Asus N56vz without the power button. The thing is that i had a problem with my laptop keyboard so i decided to disabling it and use an USB external keyboard, but for mistake i turned off the laptop and now i...
  9. Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop wont charge or power on!!!!: Hi. Can you help? My laptop isn't powering on. No response. Not even a Stop error. I checked the cables. Anything I can do? Dont think I'll be able to get a repair sorted until next weekend if that is the last resort. It stopped responding to the charger. The plug is...
  10. laptop power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop power: My laptop will not run on ac if I remove the battery. The battery will not charge unless I power off. This just started and coincides with an error message I get that a system board CT is not identified correctly. My warranty ran out so service costs more than the computer...