Windows 10: Laptop won't power up from sleep.

Discus and support Laptop won't power up from sleep. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My old clevo p150em won't wake up from sleep (display folded down) from time to time. Weird thing is that NOTHING except removing the CMOS battery for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buendiger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Laptop won't power up from sleep.

My old clevo p150em won't wake up from sleep (display folded down) from time to time. Weird thing is that NOTHING except removing the CMOS battery for ~2min can bring it back to life. Could it be that this is some windows 10 bug or is it more likely to be a hardware issue (which I doubt since everything is working flawlessly while the laptop is on). I recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro, but I doubt that this is the issue. I'm on the latest 1909 update aswell. Specs: i7 3740QM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (soon to be 16) GTX 675MX 4GB

submitted by /u/Buendiger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buendiger, Nov 26, 2019

2. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Nov 26, 2019
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Laptop won't power up from sleep.

Laptop won`t sleep

There can be several causes but to start with, you can try following. Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

1. Troubleshoot Power

Type troubleshoot in Cortana Search > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down > Click Power > Run the troubleshooter > Follow on-screen direction.

2. Restore Default for Power Settings

Windows Key+I > System > Power & sleep > Click Additional power settings to open Power options > Click Change Plan Settings > Click Restore default settings for this plan

3. Disable Fast Startup

Reach to Power options as in previous step > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable > Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup > Click Save changes

4. Uninstall / Install Battery Driver (Only for laptops)

Shut down your computer > Detach power chord > Remove battery (if fixed no need to remove) > Attach power chord > Reboot your computer

Windows Key+X > Device Manager > Expand Batteries > Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System > Uninstall > Shutdown the computer > Remove the power chord > Attach your battery > Attach your power chord > Reboot the computer to automatically install the driver

There are three other actions which you can undertake

1. Restore from a system restore point to a point when things were working fine

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/...

2. If the issue has been caused due to recent Windows update - I would suggest that you uninstall the latest KB update and hide it so that it doesn't install it automatically and wait for new update to come which will be installed automatically.

To know which update got installed

Windows Key+i to invoke Settings > Update & Security > Click View installed update history. These KBs should be from the below list. Don't uninstall any other KB

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4099479

Make note of KB and uninstall and block it.

Uninstall

Windows Key + R > Type: appwiz.cpl > Enter > Click View installed updates > Select the required updates, right click, uninstall.

Block

Microsoft has provided a tool Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update

Download the tool from below link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

When you run this troubleshooter, it will search for available updates and list them

Select the update which you want to hide. Click Next and follow on-screen directions

3. Perform a Windows 10 repair upgrade. Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications and settings. (You will not lose any data while backup is a good idea) Below is a good guide to perform repair upgrade

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help. If above didn't work, I will supply more troubleshooting steps to solve this problem.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Laptop won't power up from sleep.

1. Laptop won't power up from sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't power

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.

Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello, people. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. If i leave it on for 30 minutes without touching the mouse or the keyboard, it will go automatically into sleep mode. If I do not move the mouse in 5 minutes after it giving me the black screen, it will not wake up...
  5. Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep: Hello, I fixed the previous issue I had where if the laptop went to sleep, it won't wake up. (did this by disabling hard drive sleep) But now the problem is that the laptop's keyboard won't wake the laptop from sleep, only the power button. I already went checked Device...
  6. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  7. do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

in Windows 10 Support
    do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power: I want to stop the computer to wake up from sleep mode when connecting it to power outlet. My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad yoga 3rd generation with latest windows update and drivers from lenovo website. Windows version 1909 os build 18363.778 From bios the option to wake up...
  8. Laptop won't power up question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop won't power up question.: I have a family member whose laptop will not power up. At first the battery would die after a very short time. It would run normal if the power adapter was plugged in. Now it wont power on at all. Is it possible that the laptop won't power up with the power adapter plugged in...
  9. Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10)

Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10): Problem has started within the last month or two. My laptop, Asus Zenbook UX330UA (running windows 10), will not wake up from sleep unless I turn it completely off with the power button. I have tried, using older graphics driver, using older MEI driver, scf /scannow (found...
  10. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...