Windows 10: Laptop won't power up question.

Discus and support Laptop won't power up question. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a family member whose laptop will not power up. At first the battery would die after a very short time. It would run normal if the power adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Winuser Win User

Laptop won't power up question.

I have a family member whose laptop will not power up. At first the battery would die after a very short time. It would run normal if the power adapter was plugged in. Now it wont power on at all. Is it possible that the laptop won't power up with the power adapter plugged in because of the battery being completely dead? The only thing I know about the laptop is that it's a older HP laptop. I can't check it out in person until next weekend and was hoping to get a few ideas before she spends any money on it.

:)

Winuser, Jun 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won't power up question. [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop won't power up question. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't power

2. Battery and Power Question for laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery and Power Question for laptops: If I were to set the "when I close the lid" setting to do nothing, but set the "Hibernate after this amount of time" to 10 min. Will the computer hibernate after the 10 min if I shut the lid? Or will it continue to run? Basically I want to be able to shut the lid but if I...
  3. Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power: This is all going to be theory as all parts have been returned. I was tasked to repair a Dell Inspiron 15 5568 laptop with a dead short on motherboard. A replacement motherboard was sourced on eBay, Only one available. Upon fitting it had the same characteristics as the...
  4. Laptop won't charge while powered on.

Laptop won't charge while powered on.: Hello, I recently got a HP OMEN AX243DX handed down to me by a family member and for some reason I can only get the laptop to charge when it is shutdown. When it is powered on and I plug it in the laptop detects the charger but only says "Plugged In' for maybe 5 seconds then...
  5. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  6. Laptop won't power up from sleep.

Laptop won't power up from sleep.: My old clevo p150em won't wake up from sleep (display folded down) from time to time. Weird thing is that NOTHING except removing the CMOS battery for ~2min can bring it back to life. Could it be that this is some windows 10 bug or is it more likely to be a hardware issue...
  7. Laptop Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  8. HP 15 laptop won't power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 laptop won't power on: Hello, I recently pulled out my HP 15 laptop that I have not used in a few months(laptop is 5ish years old). Last time I used it was about 4 months ago when I reinstalled Windows 10 on it and it worked fine. Today it booted normally when I hit the power button but took a...
  9. Laptop won't set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't set up: I reset my laptop by clearing all my files, now if I go back to Start it won't. It shows [IMG]going on like this and after five minutes my laptop is restarting again and same message shows again...
  10. External Hard Drive won't power up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive won't power up: I have an old usb 2.0 external drive enclosure with a ~150GB Hitachi drive, that works fine. I took a 500GB drive from a working Linux system, placed it in the enclosure and when powered up nothing happen, the discs don't spin. Is it a problem between window and linux, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont power up