Windows 10: Laptop won't print in colour

Discus and support Laptop won't print in colour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot print in colour from my laptop. It prints in colour from my phone, which suggests there is a problem with the system on my laptop. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColinFoord-Divers, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Laptop won't print in colour

I cannot print in colour from my laptop. It prints in colour from my phone, which suggests there is a problem with the system on my laptop. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this, please?

Thanks

:)

ColinFoord-Divers, Mar 29, 2019

2. Colour printing

My laptop does not allow my printer to print in colour. How can I change this?

(I had thought I needed a new cartridge, but that is not the case. Printer prints colour from another laptop.)

Elaine Cameron, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Not printing in colour

My 2 months old HP laptop will not print in colour to my HP Envy4527 wireless printer. When I had a Lenova laptop previously it printed colour perfectly well to this printer. The printer does a copy of a colour picture perfectly and I have the proper
    HP print cartridges installed just 2 weeks ago. So it is not the printer which is at fault but the operating system of Windows 10 to blame. I have spent hours trying everything I know, and what others have recommended to try, even going back to the technology
    chaps at John Lewis where laptop was purchased. But no success.

So what can Microsoft offer in the way of advice and help ?

SylviaPowers1, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Laptop won't print in colour

No colour printing after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello

I am running 64-bit Windows 10 and Office 365 with automatic updates. The most recent updates were installed on 16 June 2017.

I have lost all colour printing on my HP CP5225 networked printer. Everything prints in grayscale, regardless of the print settings. The printer itself is OK and my wife (who is still using Windows 7) can print to it in colour across our network.

This is a very recent fault but I am not sure exactly when it started. Previously I had no difficulty colour printing under Windows 10.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the printer. This made no difference to the fault.

In Device Manager the CP5225 has a print queue, it is listed as a printer, and as a WSD print device. Previously it was working OK on a TCP/IP port. I am not sure when Windows switched this over, or how to switch it back. We have several networked printers.

What do you suggest to restore colour printing?

John_Illingworth, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop won't print in colour

1. Laptop won't print in colour - Similar Threads - Laptop won't print

2. print in colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print in colour: Hi. I can only print in colour if documents are sent from my phone. If sent from laptop they are black and white. How can i fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-colour/019bb53a-eab7-480c-9cb0-448935ad2582
  3. Printing in colour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing in colour: Up to now I have had no problems with printing photos in colour. But now they print in black and white, I have not altered any settings, how do I rectify the problem. I am using Windows 10 and a HP Envy 4520...
  4. Printer won't print in colour anymore

Printer won't print in colour anymore: My printer is only printing in black and white from my PC. If I print from my mobile it prints in colour. Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-in-colour-anymore/c6b8e48b-7f33-4e25-a63d-da1ed499d688
  5. colour printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    colour printing: hp printer prints test page in colour. Coral Paint Shop Pro shows colour photo to print, but prints in black & white. all appears normal in troubleshoot. Have run out of ideas....
  6. Colour printing

Colour printing: I can't figure out how to print colour from my laptop. It's printing photos in black and white but documents I can print in colour. Can anyone help? i'm sure its an easy fix but just can't figure it out! Thanks...
  7. Colour printing

Colour printing: I cannot print in colour from my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop running Windows 10. The printer is an HP printer but there is nothing wrong with it - I can print in colour from other devices on this same printer. I have installed all updates and run the troubleshooter, restarted my...
  8. printing in colour

printing in colour: Hi when I come to print something in word on colour it only prints in black. it did work and now it doesn't must be something I have done?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-in-colour/2b18fb64-75dd-4c4a-976c-fcf368253ef5
  9. Print in colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print in colour: Suddenly I have lost my ability to print in colour. I cannot find usual field to choose colour. Where can I find that option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-colour/2415826f-3867-425c-a13d-dde032256ed1
  10. hp deskjet 1512 won't print colour

hp deskjet 1512 won't print colour: My deskjet will not print any colours. Cartridges are fairly new and say there is ink. Have cleaned them and done the online troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-deskjet-1512-wont-print-colour/5368d33c-4965-4ecc-822e-39359f59ed7f