Windows 10: Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

Discus and support Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jonathanm_814, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and it still wont even show that i have it plugged in. i have tried trouble shooting and it tells me i have not plugged it in, my laptop has only jack for headphones and i have plugged the wire in completely but its still using onboard realtek mic i have tried uninstalling drivers,updating them. I can only see microphone array and stereo mix when i go to recording devices section i have also checked if my device is disable and i have check show disab

:)

jonathanm_814, Dec 30, 2021
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. MisterEd Win User
    Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Dec 30, 2021
  4. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been
    able to use it on my phone, and the port on my computer did work with mic + speaker together. However, I was recently able to get my computer to recognize the mic from the mic in slot, and the headphones from the audio out, however they don't work together.
    I would really appreciate help.

#Superoreo, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

1. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic - Similar Threads - Laptop wont recognize

2. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows: I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output only works if i restart my pc and if i unplug my 3.5 mm jack and plug it back in the output doesn't get recognized. My input...
  3. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows: I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output only works if i restart my pc and if i unplug my 3.5 mm jack and plug it back in the output doesn't get recognized. My input...
  4. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic: My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and it still wont even show that i have it plugged in. i have tried trouble shooting and it tells me i have not plugged it in, my...
  5. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic: My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and it still wont even show that i have it plugged in i have tried trouble shooting and it tells me i have not plugged it in my...
  6. Laptop wont register that i have a mic connected to my headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop wont register that i have a mic connected to my headphones?: So i've just gotten a pair of HyperX Cloud Alpha headphones. so it has a plug in microphone. I can hear the audio great BUT when im trying to talk to friends the laptop uses the webcam mic. Ive tried updating my audio driver and uninstalling it. My laptop doesnt even...
  7. External mic recognized as headphone.

External mic recognized as headphone.: Hi, I usually use my external mic to recording my tutorial. But suddenly my external mic dint pop up what used for device mic in, line in..... I found that it recognized as headphone. I tried to find the Realtek Audio Manager but failed to open. Another changes i found is...
  8. Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones: I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been able to use it on my...
  9. USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Headphone / Mic is not recognized: Hi there. I recently upgraded to a new PC. The Beeexellent USB Headphone and Mic headset I have been using for a while on my last computer is not being recognized when I plug it in. The computer cannot even see it, no matter which USB port I plug it into. None of the "fixes"...
  10. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic: Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up. Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack...