Windows 10: Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Discus and support Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricJones_55, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the display drivers on the laptop and that has not helped. The monitor is hooked up using a DVI to HDMI adapter and then HDMI cable to the laptop. Have switched 2 HDMI cables and nothing worked. Both worked on other devices.

:)

EricJones_55, Dec 9, 2018

2. windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Dec 9, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    windows not recognizing second monitor

Hello,

Windows may not recognize another external display device if the display drivers are outdated, or that the monitor is turned off or not plugged in correctly, etc. For us to isolate the issue in connecting a second monitor in Windows 10, kindly respond to
    the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did the second monitor work before?
    • Have you tried using the monitor to a different computer?
    • What happens if you disconnect your primary monitor and connect the second monitor to make it the main monitor?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED

i HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND A TOSHIBA LAPTOP.

ALTHOUGH FOR YEARS MY TOSHIBA RECOGNIZED MY SECOND HP PORTABLE MONITOR, SUDDENLY WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS, DISPLAY I DO NOT SEE THE SECOND PLUG IN MONITOR I USED FOR YEARS.

DeeLearning, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

1. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop Won't Recognize

2. Second monitor not recognized Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not recognized Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor. Both monitors contain the same view only.Sense monitor, also Jetpoint monitor.Detect does not detect. restart, reinstall drivers accomplishes...sadly...nothing....
  3. my laptop won't recognize a third monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop won't recognize a third monitor: it shows 2/3 then 4, then underneath is 1.How do i get it to show all three external monitors?Something is wrong with this laptop, though i've updated all the drivers.What do I do now?...
  4. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  5. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  6. Computer won't recognize a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't recognize a second monitor: So I got a new computer. SN is 2Mo0094G27 in case you want to look at specs. When I connected both of my monitors to it, only one of them worked. HP w1907 and a Huion Gt-190 drawing monitor *Note*- I did add a graphics card to help support the two monitors, but I have...
  7. Laptop won't register second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't register second monitor: Hi, this is my first post to this subreddit and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. At my desk, I have my laptop (An Asus ROG Strix, if that matters) and my monitor (A Sharp Aquos, again, if that matters), connect by a simple HDMI cable. I've never had trouble before...
  8. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  9. Recognizing a Second Monitor

Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  10. SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED

SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED: i HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND A TOSHIBA LAPTOP. ALTHOUGH FOR YEARS MY TOSHIBA RECOGNIZED MY SECOND HP PORTABLE MONITOR, SUDDENLY WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS, DISPLAY I DO NOT SEE THE SECOND PLUG IN MONITOR I USED FOR YEARS....