Windows 10: Laptop won't register second monitor

Discus and support Laptop won't register second monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, this is my first post to this subreddit and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. At my desk, I have my laptop (An Asus ROG Strix, if that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shpoing_Free, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Laptop won't register second monitor

Hi, this is my first post to this subreddit and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place.

At my desk, I have my laptop (An Asus ROG Strix, if that matters) and my monitor (A Sharp Aquos, again, if that matters), connect by a simple HDMI cable. I've never had trouble before today, but I booted up my computer and they won't even acknowledge each other. I've already tried the basic Windows fixes, re: Display, configure multiple displays, and 'Detect', to no avail. The monitor is on the right display, the HDMI male and female on both sides are clean and clear of debris, and yes, everything is plugged in. I've tried turning off my laptop but not my monitor, my monitor but not my laptop, then both simultaneously, and unplugging the monitor, but nothing works. Advice?

submitted by /u/Shpoing_Free
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shpoing_Free, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 6, 2020
  3. pg123098 Win User
    Second monitor is not registering

I just bought a second monitor for my desktop. But when I plugged it in, it would not register. I did try configuring in on under control panel and under display settings. It still wouldn't work after that. Then we asked advice from our local geek squad. They recommended we change the graphics card because the monitor might not have enough space/room for a second monitor. When I replaced my graphics card, went through the updates, and installed the GeForce driver, it still wont recognize that there is a second monitor hooked up?

Please help me *Mad

pg123098, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Laptop won't register second monitor

using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't register second monitor

1. Laptop won't register second monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop won't register

2. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  3. Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't detect second monitor Windows 11: Hi,I have an asus va24dq monitor and a lenovo yoga 730 laptop and had no problems for about 6 months but then suddenly my laptop won't detect my monitor. I have checked the HDMI cable and bought multiple new ones, checked that my laptop connects to other screens like my TV...
  4. laptop to laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop to laptop as a second monitor: i have two laptop. i want to use my principal laptop as host of a second laptop, and that second laptop, use it as a second monitor and extend both monitors, i could do that wireless, but i want to do it via cable, for example hdmi or usbc. i tried both and not working. any...
  5. laptop to laptop as a second monitor

laptop to laptop as a second monitor: i have two laptop. i want to use my principal laptop as host of a second laptop, and that second laptop, use it as a second monitor and extend both monitors, i could do that wireless, but i want to do it via cable, for example hdmi or usbc. i tried both and not working. any...
  6. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  7. Laptop as second monitor

Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  8. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a
  9. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  10. Second monitor is not registering

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor is not registering: I just bought a second monitor for my desktop. But when I plugged it in, it would not register. I did try configuring in on under control panel and under display settings. It still wouldn't work after that. Then we asked advice from our local geek squad. They recommended we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows second monitor will not register