Windows 10: Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function

Discus and support Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased a used laptop. The previous user stated his wife had died and he did not have time to factory reset the pc. When I got the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TigerAsks, Apr 12, 2020.

1. TigerAsks Win User

Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function

I recently purchased a used laptop. The previous user stated his wife had died and he did not have time to factory reset the pc. When I got the laptop Windows Home 10 was installed and functional. I was ready to have a good time and download Origin to play my favorite game. The first issue I encountered was an error code that a dll file was missing. I downloaded the missing dll file and installed it. After installing the dll file a new error occurred. The new error code was: 0xc000007b.

While trying to trouble shoot the new error code I found that the Windows now displayed that there is no Windows key found on the system at all. It says I have to pay $132 to buy a new copy of Windows 10 Home. I do not understand why when I got the PC it said everything was good to go and now suddenly I have to pay more money to activate my PC.

I have found a number of websites suggesting that I redownload or install windows 10. I do not have a Windows 10 CD disc. I do not have a flash drive to download Windows 10 onto to reinstall it. I have tried to download the Windows 10 content creator or manager something to that effect to install the Windows 10 again but it only goes about halfway through the process and says something went wrong. The same happens if I try to factory reset the PC. I have tried multiple fixes for my original issue of not being able to download origin and again have tried multiple issue fixes to now install Windows 10. Is there anyway to install Windows 10 again? Do I just need a fresh product key to reactive the laptop or is this unfixable?

Sidenote: I believe the previous user may have downloaded a pirated copy as he has now blocked me from contacting him further after I asked him about his Windows 10 edition. I was at least able to remove his Microsoft account from the PC and add my own account with admin privileges. Even with doing this step the above is still all true.

:)

TigerAsks, Apr 12, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function

1. Laptop Won't Reset or Run Any Function - Similar Threads - Laptop Won't Reset

2. my asus laptop won't reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my asus laptop won't reset: I've tried many ways like using the sfc and dism command and on going to my final decision on going back from windows 11 to windows 10 but the only way I can reset my laptop is through using a USB. this is very weird considering I cannot reset my asus laptop through the...
  3. my asus laptop won't reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my asus laptop won't reset: I've tried many ways like using the sfc and dism command and on going to my final decision on going back from windows 11 to windows 10 but the only way I can reset my laptop is through using a USB. this is very weird considering I cannot reset my asus laptop through the...
  4. my asus laptop won't reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I HAVE A SONY LAPTOP AND IT WASN'T FUNCTIONING WELL SO I RESET IT. AFTER THE RESET IT WON'T...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I HAVE A SONY LAPTOP AND IT WASN'T FUNCTIONING WELL SO I RESET IT. AFTER THE RESET IT WON'T...: Please help i really need to use my laptop and my dad will kill me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-sony-laptop-and-it-wasnt-functioning-well/7797c38b-eeba-45aa-ab0d-1b248ee06dba
  6. Laptop won't connect to the internet and windows won't reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop won't connect to the internet and windows won't reset: I've had this problem for a while. Every device in my house is able to connect to the internet just perfectly except my laptop. I tried to resolve this by restarting. Nothing. I tried following a few youtube videos. Nothing. I finally decided it would be worth it to factory...
  7. The RUN function

in Windows 10 Customization
    The RUN function: Hi How can I get the Windows key + R to remember the latest commands? I have just upgraded a Windows 7 installation for a friend and had no problems with this run issue - it just worked at once. I have a laptop upgraded from Windows 7 a long time ago - no problems. This i7...
  8. chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk won't run - Restore Point not functioning: I created a restore point before attempting to install software. While the program was installing it locked up while installing .NET framework. I canceled the installation and when I attempted a system restore using the restore point I created, it gave an error saying there...
  9. Laptop won't boot following reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....
  10. "Reset this PC" Function

in Windows 10 Support
    "Reset this PC" Function: Does this work? I literally tried last night and ended up with some kind of Boot Device error that continued to restart loop with the same result. 16109